Chapter 13

Maya emitted a long, deep breath expressing tiredness, "I don't like Jacob. So I'm planning to ask Sam if it's possible to have Jacob not with me on any patrols."

Leah looked at Maya in incredulity, "Maya, you don't feel anything for him? Nothing at all?"

Maya shook her head, "I don't. In fact I have started wondering what even is my type of ideal boyfriend and it's obvious that Jacob is someone who will never be on the list."

Leah barked out laughing, "Oh man. He's going to cry if he hears that."

Maya rolled her eyes, "Apparently Embry made him cry."

Leah's eyes twinkled mischievously as she heard that piece of news, "What? Why?"

Maya shook her head, "I don't know. To be honest I don't really care."

Leah looks at Maya and smiles, "You know you're very mature for your age. I wish I had controlled my emotions when all the shit was happening to me."

Maya links arms with Leah, "Why? You were being yourself."

Leah grimaced, "It's embarrassing and hateful you know. Getting dumped. Seeing my best friend lying in a hospital bed begging for forgiveness. My parents forcing me to accept my ex with my cousin. Having the whole world gossip about me."

Maya stops and looks at Leah in the eye, "So what? It doesn't matter. This is your life. You can make it quiet or you can make it as loud as you want. It only should matter to you. Besides Leah isn't it better this way? What if Sam had imprinted on Emily after you guys were married?"

Leah looked at Maya shell-shocked.

Maya, "What if you never phased? You would have to live your life without knowing the truth about the imprint."

Leah shook her head, "Maya. You are the only one among us to phased without getting angry or hurting someone. My father died-!"

Maya grabs Leah's arm and holds it tight, "From a heart attack due to his blockage! Not becasue of his daughter! Oh my god you need to go for therapy."

Leah sulked, "Why? What if I happen to like blame myself for my bad luck."

Maya silly smiled at Leah, "No you don't.

Leah rolled her eyes, "Enough about me. What about you? Don't you have anyone you like?"

Maya, "Honestly? No, I don't. I wonder if something is wrong with me. Is it really normal to be not attracted to anyone?"

Leah laughs, "No it's not normal you idiot! Don't you even have a celebrity crush?"

Maya, "Beyonce?"

Leah and Maya burst out laughing.

Leah, "Literally everyone loves her!"

"HEY! GUYS!"

Maya and Leah turned around to see Embry waving to them.

"WE'RE STARTING!"