Chapter 5

Maya watched amazed by what was happening before her eyes. The pack ripped and tore the vampire as though it was a piece of fabric. Out of nowhere someone lit the broken leech on fire. All the wolves surrounded the fire and watched in satisfaction as it burned to ash.

Sam turns to Maya, 'The leech needs to be burned completely. If left just broken, their bodies can pull themselves together.' 

Maya looks around, 'Did anyone get hurt?' 

Quil nudges her, 'Aw, she's worried for us.' 

Jared gives Leah a nip at her ear, 'Take notes Leah.'

Leah bares her canines at Jared, 'GO TO HELL!"

Paul nudges Maya's head, 'Come on pup. Let's run.' 

One by one everyone began to run. 

Maya running along, 'Where are we going? Why are we running?' She asked her pack mates.

Embry, 'Around our land. Don't you want to see the treaty line?' 

Maya felt her heartbeat in excitement, 'Yeah!' 

But she started to slow down. Memories of her parents yelling and begging her not to go flashed inside her head. Maya felt sadness and disappointment set in her.

Sam, 'It'll get better Maya. You ran out that door because you wanted to protect them.' 

Jared, 'Yeah kids. Don't be sad.' 

Quil, 'I doubt your parents will be angry with you. I mean they love you so much.' 

Embry grumbles out, 'At least you don't have to keep a secret from your family.'

Maya, 'Except Maxy.' 

Leah rubs a muzzle to Maya, 'Maxy's smart. He'll figure it out in no time.' 

Paul, 'HOLY SHEEEET. Leah's being nice.'