Chapter 6

Maya follow Sam, Jared, and Paul and walked towards the famous Uley residence. She knew she should call her parent but this was the first time she was out of her house at late night without her parents but she felt so safe with them. 

Maya looked at Sam waiting for him to start explaining about what imprint was. 

Sam, "Imprinting can only happen to us shape-shifters. I'm not so sure about female wolves but so far Jared, Quil and I have imprinted. It's a phenomenon. Us finding our soul mates."

Maya snickers, "Did you just say soul mates?" 

Sam grins, "Yeah, yeah, I know. Sounds cheesy. But it's sort of uncontrollable. It happens after our first phasing. We cannot choose our soul mates. They have already been chosen for us."

Maya froze, "Leah." 

Sam looks away. 

Maya looks at Sam, "You, You didn't imprint on Leah." 

Sam shook his head. Sam, "I imprinted on Emily, Leah's cousin." 

Maya, Ohmygod! That's so messed up. Dang, gossips are so juicy. She thought to herself. 

Maya, "Wait, is it like the connection with the third wife?" Sam nods.

Jared, "It's unstoppable Maya. The connection we have with our imprint is very strong. The need to love, care and protect them in uncontrollable. It's like whatever she wants me to be I will do it. For her." 

Paul, "Hang on, I think I threw up a bit in my mouth."

Jared huffs, "Wait till you imprint." 

Paul scowls, "Stop it asshole. I enjoy my freedom very much." 

Sam, "Emily rejected me for Leah." 

Maya turned her attention to Sam again, "The pain was unbearable. It was like someone ripped out my heart."

Jared, "Same with me. Kim was actually terrified of me. When she first ran away I cried." Jared said quietly. 

Maya, "What about Quil? Who did he imprint on?" 

Everyone shared a look.

Sam, "The thing about imprinting is that it can happen to anyone. Like it's really uncontrollable." 

Jared took a deep breath, "Quil imprinted on Claire. Emily's niece. Claire is two years old."

---

Maya laid in bed feeling so awake. It was around 3am. Only yesterday morning, she had turned into a wolf and now it felt like she was living a whole new and different life. She had a sense of belonging.

So much excitement, so many things to learn. Friends, no they were much more than friends or family. They were her pack mates. Maya smiled to herself. Everything felt so amazing. Especially when it came to running with them. And watching the clear skies.

Maya giggled to herself, she didn't want to admit it but she really wanted to meet the neighboring vampires. And the girl who was blindly in love with a vampire. She wanted to play wolf with everyone like how Seth and Quil did.

She was dying to listen to every single story that Billy has to offer. She also wanted to meet all the imprints since her parents caught her before she could visit Sam's house and brought her back home. She wanted to meet her unknown pack mate, Jacob, who was in love with a suicidal girl.

But most importantly she wanted to go cliff diving with her packmates. Maya giggled and closed her eyes, snuggling in, drifting off to sleep, excited for the new day to begin. 

---

Maya sat at the benches and watched everyone play or dance around with the Hula Hoops. Her Gym teacher, Mrs Nightly, decided that Maya was still unfit after the two weeks absence. Maya has woken up that morning thinking that she was going to run off to Sam's and hang out with everyone.

But reality hit her hard. She had never wanted to skip school so much. Her parents gave her warm hugs that morning though it felt like her mom was snuggling into her warmth and new found height. Not that Maya minded since her mom always smell good.

Hey dad gave her a kiss to the forehead and said, "You can go to Uley's after you're done with school and homework. I won't have any other way sweetheart." 

Maya smiled brightly and replied, "Can I at least finish homework in school?" Her dad let out a sigh but nodded.

Once her dad walked away, Grandma Cora approached Maya with a beaming smile and hugged her tight. 

Cora, "Now don't you worry about Maxy. I'll pick him up from school and maybe take him out to McDonald's." 

Maya laughed, "Thanks Grandma, you're the best!"

I know this chapter is short but don't worry the next will be longer!  ;)