Chapter 12

Jacob looking nervous, "I'm really sorry for coming this late."

Jean places a mug in front of him, "Here you go."

Daniel looking unimpressed, "We know about the imprinting if that's your reason to coming here."

Jacob looks at him in shock, "You know?"

Jean nods, "Yes, we know about the imprinting. Maya shares things with us. We also know about the uncontrolled behaviour that you displayed to Maya."

Maya crossed her legs and looked at her parents, "And how Jacob tried to sneak into our house. Into my room without my parents knowing."

Maya's parents sat in silence and stared at Jacob who sat frozen like a deer caught in the headlights. Maya smiled at Jacob but everyone could see her smile didn't reach her eyes.

Jacob, "Maya I-!"

Maya's smiled dropped instantly, "We're pack mates Jacob. But you really need to know your limits. This is where I draw the line."

Daniel crossed his arms, "Jacob whatever you need to talk to Maya you could have done it in school. Or you could have just called her. This is not normal!"

Jacob's hands shook, "I'm trying!"

Maya immediately placed herself in front of her parents. Jacob covered his face ashamed of his behaviour.

Jean let out a sigh of relieve, "Dan, call his father. Jacob, whatever you need to say can be said here in front of us. But if you really want to talk to Maya privately, you're going to have see each other in school."

Jacob nodded, "I'm really sorry for my rude behaviour and I'm sorry for losing control at Sam's house. It was just so stupid."

Maya shook her head, "No, this is getting ridiculous. You don't get to apologise every time things don't go your way Jacob. Go home now. I'll see you in school. That is if you still have time for an education."

Jacob nodded and walked out of the Valley residence faintly hearing Daniel talk to his father. 

---