Chapter 14

Maya shared the one seater couch with Leah while everyone else was scattered everywhere around the living room of the Uley residence. 

Jared and Quil helped Emily to pass around the drinks while Kim was on the phone with her mother.

Embry looked at Paul, "So basically we only have one information. The leech is a male. Right?"

Paul nods, "Right."

Sam grabbing his drink, "It's still hard to determine if it was really alone."

Leah sighed, "No other scents at all."

Emily looked at the pack, "So where did it come from?" 

Jared, "Seattle? Or could it be one of the Cullen's buddy?"

Sam, "Regardless where it came from, or whether it drinks only animals, if it's on our land, we get rid of it. Now we're going to run more patrols have our scents all the way to the treaty line. It should ward unwanted leeches unless they're really looking for a fight."

Paul rubbed his eyes, "I got work. Someone gotta cover me."

Quil rolled his eyes, "And we have school." 

Jared looks at Sam, "I have a free period tomorrow. I can fit in an hour."

Embry raised his hand, "Me too. I have one right right before lunch."

Sam nods, "I can go right after work. But we need more patrols at night too guys."

Leah slips her arm around Maya, "I'll take Seth and Maya with me. But I'll have to let them go before midnight since they too have school."

Seth beamed, "Yes! Night runs!"

Maya smiled, "I'm okay with that too!"

Jacob looks at her appalled, "No you're not."

Everyone turned to look at Jacob.

Jacob looks at Maya, "You're not running patrol! Sam are you insane?"