one-late night

I pulled into the driveway. Great, no cars to be seen.

After a long day of work, all I wanted to do is climb into bed and talk to the ones I loved.

"Scratch that idea." I said under my breath.

I walked into the house to see nothing but darkness. I didn't even bother saying hi to patches, just sluggishly walked up the stairs keys in hand.

I threw on a random sweatshirt and sweatpants. By the smell of the cologne on the shirt I could tell it was Sap's.

Less than 30 minutes later I heard the front door open and the boys walk in, arguing about gummy bears.

I hear Clay shush them while slowly opening the door to the bedroom. I didn't bother turning over to officially see who all came in, just sat staring mindlessly at my phone screen.

"Quinn, what's the best gummy bear?" Alex asks.

"Strawberry."

"See! I told you! Even she agrees!" Alex yells, plopping down next to me.

Karl cuddles up next to me and stares at my face.

"What?" I ask giggling.

"You seem sad. What's wrong?" He questions, stroking my hair.

"Just a long day at work." I mumble back, not really wanting to talk about it.

"Wanna talk about it?" George pipes in.

"Not really. At least not right now." I say, looking at George, my eyes drooping.

Clay leans over me, pressing a kiss to my nose. "It's late and we're all tired. Let's go to bed." He suggests.

"Where's Sap?" I ask, keeping my voice at a whisper as I hear light snores coming from the two boys cuddled up into my side.

"He was getting us all a drink from what I remember." Clay tells me.

I nod, too tired to say anything.