Chapter 8

"Great you're back. What's for dinner?" Aang asked. Sokka had just come back from finding us food.

"We've got a few options. First, round nuts and some kind of oval-shaped nuts. And some rock-shaped nuts that might just be rocks" Sokka said.

"Is there nothing better to eat?" I asked Sokka.

"Hey, these were really hard to find. Let's see you try to find us some food" Sokka replied. I rolled my eyes and picked up a nut.

"Seriously, what else you got?" Katara asked. We suddenly heard loud sounds.

"What was that?" Sokka said, sounding nervous.

"It's coming from over there!" Aang said. He and Katara began to run run in the directions of the sound.

"Shouldn't we run away from huge booms, not towards them?" Sokka exclaimed.

"Probably" I shrugged and followed them.

We hid behind a log and watched a boy around mine and Sokka's age earthbend.

"An earthbender" Katara smiled.

"Let's go meet him" Aang said.

"He looks dangerous, so we better approach him cautiously" Sokka said.

"Hi! My name's Mira!" I ignored Sokka and jumped over the log.

"And I'm Katara! What's your name?" Katara stood next to me. The earthbender looked at us with shock on his face. He dropped a rock and ran away.

"Nice to meet you!" Aang shouted after him.

"We just wanted to say hi" Katara shrugged over at me.

"Hey, that guy's got to be running somewhere. Maybe we're near a village, and I bet that village has a market" Aang said.

"Which means no nuts for dinner!" Katara and I said in unison, excited. Aang, Katara and I began to run in the direction the boy went.

"Hey! I worked hard to get those nuts!" Sokka crossed his arms. I turned around and blew a raspberry at him.

"Yeah I hate them too" Sokka said and followed us.

***

Aang walked up to some man and wanted to trade for something. Katara and I then noticed the earthbender from before run into a house.

"Hey" Katara motioned to Sokka and Aang.

I opened the door and walked inside.

"Hey! You're that kid!" I said. He turned around and gasped.

"Why did you run away before?" I asked.

"Uh, you must have me confused with some other kid" The boy said.

"No she doesn't, we saw you earthbending" Aang said.

***

The boy and his mom gasped and shut the door and the windows.

"They saw you doing what?"

"They're crazy mom. I mean look at how they're dressed" He pointed out. I looked down at my clothes and then at Katara's. I guess what I was wearing was quite out of fashion but I think he meant that we weren't wearing Earth Kingdom attire.

"You know how dangerous that is, Haru? You know what would happen if they caught you earthbending" His mom said.

"What do you mean 'caught earthbending' ?" I asked. Before she could reply, there was a knock on the door.