Chapter 17

"This should bring your fever down" Katara said as she put a cloth on Sokka's forehead. After the storm, Sokka had become sick with the cold.

"You know what I love about Appa the most? His sense of humour" Sokka said. I gave Katara a worried glance. "That's nice. I'll tell him" Katara told her brother. Appa then roared, causing Sokka to burst into laughter. "Classic Appa."

"How's Sokka doing?" Aang asked. "Not so good. Being out in that storm really did a number on him" Katara answered, looking at her brother with a concerned look. Sokka shivered in his sleeping bag as we all looked at him.

"I couldn't find any ginger root for the tea, but I found a map" Aang pulled out a map from behind his back. "There's an herbalist institute on the top of that mountain. We could probably find a cure for Sokka there."

"I don't think Sokka will be able to travel so far" I shook my head at Aang. "I agree with Mira, Sokka just needs some rest. I'm sure he'll be better by tomorrow" Katara nodded. She then began to cough. "Not you too" Aang said with wide eyes. "Relax  it was just a little cough. I'm fin-" Katara was cut off by another cough, causing Aang and I to exchange uncertain looks.

"That's how Sokka started yesterday! Now look at him. He thinks he's an earthbender!" Aang exclaimed. We all turned to look at Sokka who was punching the air in different directions. "You'll be speaking nonsense in a couple of hours too, Katara" I told her.

"I'm going to find some medicine" Aang said starting to walk to the edge of the temple. "Aang, wait!" I ran up to him. "I should come with you. What if something happens?"

"No, you stay here and take care of Sokka and Katara" Aang said. I then looked up at the sky to see lightning hit the mountain. "Fine, but go on foot. It's too dangerous to use your glider" I said. Aang nodded and airbended himself off the temple.

I turned back to the two siblings. "Katara, you should get into your sleeping bag, you'll be warmer that way" I told her. Katara grabbed her sleeping back and laid down next to Sokka.

"Mira, please water" Sokka spoke up. I was about to take out my waterskin when Katara stopped me. "You should go down to the river and get us some fresh water" Katara handed me her waterskin and I nodded.

I ran out of the temple and jumped down onto rocks to get down onto the ground. The rocks were slippy but I managed not to fall.

I walked through the forest cautiously. I didn't know if there were any Fire Nation troops around but I had my waterskin on my hip, ready to defend myself.

I knew I was getting closer to the river when I heard the sound of water hitting against the rocks. I then heard a rustling sound coming from the bushes behind me and I spun around to see who was there.

"Hello? Anybody there?" I asked. Silence. I turned back around and continued walking, this time I pretended not to hear the rustling in the trees. I then heard the sound of an arrow rushing at me and I quickly ducked beneath it.

I started running in the opposite direction to get away from the ambushers. I thought of hiding somewhere but then remembered that there was a river nearby which would give me an advantage.

After a few seconds I was down by the river and out of breath. I saw my attackers run out of the forest and shoot more arrows at me. This time they succeeded to hit me with the arrows. The arrows pinned my parka to a rock behind me. Another set of arrows was about to hit me but I managed to block it with a wall of ice.

As I tried to remove the arrows from my sleeve, a few more arrows broke through my wall of ice. More arrows came at me and I wasn't able to move. I sighed and lifted my hands to surrender myself.