Chapter 12

3rd person's POV

"Would you sit down?! If we hit a bump, you'll go flying off. What's bugging you anyway?" Sokka told a distressed Aang. The airbender was pacing around on Appa.

"It's what avatar Roku said. I'm supposed to master all four elements before the comet arrives!" Aang replied. After finding out about the comet, Aang wouldn't stopped stressing.

"Well, let's see. You pretty much mastered airbending, and that only took you 112 years. I'm sure you can master three more elements by next summer" Sokka said.

"You're not helping" Mira muttered to Sokka and elbowed his side.

"I haven't even started waterbending, and we're still weeks away from the North Pole. What am I gonna do?!" Aang held is head in his hands.

"Um, hello? I can waterbend" Mira waved at him. It seemed like the avatar forget that his best friend was nearly a master at waterbending.

"Calm down. It's gonna be okay. Mira can start teaching us some things today, right?" Katara held Aang's hands, trying to calm him down. Mira gave her a nod in return.

"We'll need to find a good source of water first" Katara said, looking down at the land below.

"Maybe we can find a puddle for you to splash in" Sokka said.

"Shut up or I'll turn your blood to ice" Mira said, glaring at him.

"That's p-possible?" Sokka shivered with a scared look in his eyes.

"I don't know, but I can try"

"No, thank you"

***

Mira's POV

The four of is stood in front of a big waterfall, it was the perfect place to waterbend.

"Nice puddle" Sokka commented while Katara and Aang stared at it in wonder.

"Well, we should star-" I was cut off by Appa jumping into the water and splashing me.

"Appa!" I exclaimed. I waterbended the water out of my clothes.

"Yeah, don't start with out me, boy!" Aang was about to jump in when Katara stopped him.

"Remember the reason we're here"

"Oh, right. Time to practice waterbending" Aang started putting on his clothes.

"Great. So, what am I supposed to do?" Sokka asked.

"You could clean the gunk out of Appa's toes" Aang handed Sokka a brush. The Water Tribe boy frowned.

"So, while you guys are playing in the water, I'm supposed to be hard at work picking mud out of a bison's feet?"

"Mud and bugs" Aang smiled, still holding the stick.

"Ok" Sokka finally agreed and walked away.

I walked over to Appa's saddle on the ground and grabbed my bag.

I found a piece of ribbon in my bag and tied my hair up into a bun to get it out of the way.

I walked back to Katara and Aang.

"Katara, show me what you already know" I told her. Katara nodded.

Katara showed me some of the waterbending moves she knew. For someone who was the only bender in her village, she knew a lot.

I gave her a nod of approval and smiled. I then turned to Aang who had been watching Katara in admiration.

"So, the key to waterbending is to be relaxed. When you're bending the water you-" I was cut off by Aang who was already doing one of the moves Katara had shown us.