Chapter 24

"She's dying and we can't help her!" A voice yelled. I saw myself lying on the ground, coughing up water. I could hear the gasps of everyone around my body as I stared at the scene. I was frozen to my spot.

It was terrifying to see myself dying. "Make it stop, please!" My memory-self screamed.

I woke up with a gasp and stood up from the hammock bed. I looked over to see Katara sleeping in the hammock next to me. I stood up weakly. Ever since my near death at the North Pole, I've been feeling dizzy and sick most of the time.

I managed to climb up the ladder and onto the deck of the ship. "Are you okay?" I heard a voice behind me. I turned to see Katara walk up next to me. "I just had a nightmare."

"Mira, you've had a lot of these nightmares ever since we left the Northern Water Tribe. We're all worried about you" Katara said with a concerned look on her face. "I know. It's hard and terrifying to see myself nearly die over and over again" I said, looking at the ocean.

"I can try using waterbending to clear your head, maybe that will work" Katara said. "No, I'll be fine" I reassured her with a small smile. I felt dizziness wash over me again and I grabbed onto the edge of the boat.

"Let me help you get inside" Katara offered. I nodded and she helped me get below the deck. I felt helpless.

◇ ◇ ◇

"Katara, I want you to have this. This amulet contains water from the spirit oasis. The water has unique properties. Don't lose it" Pakku said, handing her the amulet. Katara smiled and bowed to the master.

"Thank you, Master Pakku" She said. "Aang, these scrolls will help you master waterbending. But remember, they're no substitute for a real master" Pakku told Aang. Aang turned to look at Katara and he smiled at her.

"Sokka, take care, son" Pakku said, patting Sokka's shoulder. Sokka looked to the ground before jumping onto Appa. "Mira, here is a necklace that belonged to the first crowned princess of the Water Tribe. As the future chieftainess, you deserve to have it."

"Thank you, Master Pakku" I said with a smile. I bowed to him and he returned the action. I jumped onto Appa and sat down next to Katara. "Fly straight to the Earth Kingdom based to the east of here. General Fong I'll provide you with an escort to Omashu. There you will be safe to begin your earthbending training with King Bumi" Pakku directed us.

"Appa, yip yip!" Aang told Appa. "Say hi to Gran Gran for me!" Katara said.

◇ ◇ ◇

"There it is!" Sokka exclaimed as we spotted a tower surrounded by walls. Aang steered Appa onto the building and he, Sokka and Katara jumped off Appa. "Here, let me help you" Sokka said, holding out his hand to me.

"Oh, thanks" I said, taking his hand. "Welcome, Avatar Aang and Guardian Mira! I am General Fong. And welcome to all of you great heroes! Appa, Momo, Brave Sokka, The Mighty Katara" General Fong welcomed. Katara crossed her arms with a smirk.

"Mighty Katara? I like that" She said. Suddenly, we heard cracking and we all looked up to see fireworks exploding in the sky. "Wow" I mumbled as I stared at the colourful sky.

"Not bad. Not bad" Sokka said. We then followed General Fong inside and say down in front of his table.

"Avatar Aang, we were all amazed at the stories of how you single-handedly wiped out and entire Fire Navy fleet at the North Pole. I can't imagine what is feels like to wield such devastating power. It's an awesome responsibility" General Fong said to Aang who shrugged with a smile. "I try not to think about it too much."

"Avatar, you're ready to face the Fire Lord now" General Fong told us. Our mouths dropped wide open. "What?! No, I'm not."

"Yes you are, and so are you, Guardian Mira" General Fong said, turning to me. "But I don't even have my waterbending!" I exclaimed.