Chapter 9

A/N

Hi guys, so I changed my posting schedule to Sundays and Wednesdays. Anyways, hope you like this chapter!

***

Sokka's POV

Aang and I followed the ship on Appa. I noticed the concerned look on Aang's face.

"They'll be fine Aang. Katara and Mira know what they're doing" I reassured him.

***

Katara's POV

The Fire Nation brought us off the ship and onto the deck of the prison.

"Earthbenders, it is my pleasure to welcome you aboard my modest shipyard. I am your warden. I prefer to think of you not as prisoners, but as honored guests. And I hope you come to think of me as your humble and caring host. You will succeed here if you simply abide-" The warden said. He was cut off by a man coughing. The warden firebended at him and the earthbender fell.

"What kind of guest dishonors his host by interrupting him? Take him below. One week in solitary will improve his manners" They took away the man and Mira and I shared a nervous look.

"Simply treat me with the courtesy I give you and we'll get along famously" The warden looked down at me.

***

Mira's POV

"You will notice, earthbenders, that this rig is entirely of metal. You are miles away from any rock or earth. So, if you have any illusions about employing that brutish savagery that passes for bending among you people, forget them. It is impossible. Good day" The warden said. We walked through an entrance and into the prison yard.

Katara and I looked around at all of the prisoners, searching for Haru.

"Katara, Mira?" The two of us turned around at the sound of Haru's voice.

"Haru!" We ran to him and hugged him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"It's my fault you were captured. Katara and I came to rescue you" I explained.

"So you got yourself arrested?" Haru looked at us shocked.

"It was the only way to find you" Katara said.

"You two have got guts. I'll give you that. Come on there's someone I want you to meet" Haru said.

***

"Katara, Mira, this is my father, Tyro. Dad, this is Katara and Mira" Haru introduced us to his dad.

"It's an honor to meet you" Katara said.

"Have some dinner" Tyro told us. He passed each of us a bowl of food.

"Ew" I said looked down at the weird mixfure.

"It's not as bad as it looks" Katara and I tasted a spoonful.

"Ew" Katara said.

"It's still pretty bad though"

"I think I'll need to vomit after this" I said.

"Tyro, the prisoners are complaining that there enough blankets to go around" A prisoners told Tyro.

"I'll talk to the guards. In the meantime, make sure the elderly are taken care of. The rest of us will simply hope for warmer weather" Tyro told the man.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's your escape plan?" Katara asked Tyro.

"Excuse me?"

"You know, the plan to get everyone off the rig? What is it? Munity, sabotage?" Katara said.