Chapter 32

Mira

I blinked my eyes open and see Katara and Sokka sitting next to me. "Are you okay?" They both asked simultaneously. "I think" I replied, unsure of my answer.

"How could you let them take Appa?! Why didn't you stop them?!" I heard Aang shout and I turned my head to look at him and Toph who were standing faced away from eachother.
"I couldn't. The library was sinking, you guys were still inside, and—" Toph started to say but Aang cut her off.

"You could've come to get us! I could've saved him!" Aang yelled, walking right up to her. "I can hardly feel vibrations out here. The sandbenders snuck up on me, and there wasn't time for—"

"You just didn't care!" Aang snapped. "Stop yelling at her Aang! It's not her fault" I cut in as I tried to stand up. Unfortunately, my left leg gave out under me and I fell to my knees.

"Stay out of this, Mira! Toph never liked Appa! She wanted him gone!" He shouted. Katara stood up from next to me and walked over to Aang. "Aang, stop it. You know Toph did all she could. She saved our lives."

"Who's gonna save our lives now? We'll never make it out of here" Sokka said, still kneeling down next to me. "That's all any of you guys care about, yourselves. You don't care whether Appa is okay or not" Aang said to us.

"We're all concerned, but we can't afford to be fighting now" Katara told him. "I'm going after Appa" Aang said before flying off with his glider.

"Aang, wait!" Katara tried, but it was too late. I heard her sigh before she spoke. "We better start walking. We're the only people who know about the solar eclipse. We have to get that information to Ba Sing Se."

I once again attempted to stand up, this time with Sokka's help. I winced and leaned onto him. "Is your foot okay?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "I think it might be sprained" I told him, looking down at my left foot.

"I can heal it" Katara told me. "It's okay. I can do it myself" I said.

"Look, I think Katara might be able to do it a bit better. You just got your waterbending back and—" I cut Sokka off with an angry look. "Would you stop underestimating my abilities?!" I snapped at him. I saw him flinch but I didn't care.

"We can't afford you two getting into a fight now, cut it out" Katara said, firmly. "I'm sorry Mira but—" Sokka started but I felt my anger bubble up again.

"If you finish that sentence, I will not hesitate to freeze your mouth shut" I threatened with narrowed eyes. "Sokka, I think its better if you and Toph go ahead without us. We'll catch up to you" Katara said to her brother. He nodded and spared me one more glance before he and Toph began to walk.

"Your brother is insufferable sometimes" I muttered as I opened my waterskin to heal myself. "I know, but he's just . . . protective over you since the North Pole. He cares about you" Katara told me. I sighed as I waterbended the glowing water around my foot.

"I know and I care about him too but sometimes he's too much. I feel like sometimes he ignores the fact that I am the Guardian and I can take care of myself" I said. We stayed silent for a minute before Katara spoke. "Sokka likes you, a lot."

My eyes widened. "Sokka likes me? As in more-than-friends likes me?" I said in utter disbelief. Katara shook her head. "You two are such idiots. How can you not see it? You both clearly like eachother. We can all see it, even Toph!" Katara exclaimed.

"I don't like him, Katara" I said. She raised her eyebrow. "Okay, fine, maybe I do like him. But I'm not discussing this with you, you're his sister. Anyways, I'm all healed up now so we can go" I said, changing the subject.