Chapter 13

Sokka's mouth fell open in shock.

"Are you, like, an avatar or something?" Sokka asked.

I then began to explain everything, the statue at the Air Temple, The spirit world, The Solstice.

"My duty is to be Aang's guardian. I need to help him master all of the elements and help him defeat Ozai" I explained.

"Woah, that's a lot to take in" Sokka blinked.

"Exactly, that's why you keep your mouth shut or I'll freeze you to a tree" I smiled.

"Okay, okay, I will" Sokka nodded quickly.

"Anyways, we should get back to Aang and Katara"

***

Sokka sat on a rock and watched Katara and I waterbend as Aang held up my scroll.

Katara looked at the water whip that was drawn on the scroll.

"The single water whips. Looks doable" Katara said. I demonstrated the move and she tried to copy me. Instead of a perfect whip, she got slapped in the face with the water.

We then heard laughing behind us and turned around to look at Sokka.

"What's so funny?" Katara asked her brother.

"I'm sorry, but you deserved that" Sokka said. He then turned to look at Aang.

"You've been duped. She's only interested in teaching herself"

"Aang will get his turn once I figure out the water whip" Katara said. I nodded.

"Exactly, So you shut up or I' I'll teach your sister how to chop your ponytail off your head" I threatened.

I then looked back at Katara who attempted to do the water whip again. Instead, it hit Momo who screeched.

"Ugh! Why can't I get this stupid move?!"

"You'll get it" Aang walked over to the water.

"You've just gotta shift your weight through the stances" Aang did the whip perfectly, I smiled at him. This kid would master the elements in no time.

"There, see. The key to bending is-" Aang was caught of by a raging Katara.

"Will you please shut your air hole! Believe it or not, your infinite wisdom gets a little old sometimes! Why don't we just throw the scroll away since you're so naturally gifted?!" Katara yelled at him.

My eyes widened at her out burst and I looked at Aang who's eyes were slowly welling up with tears.

Katara turned her head back around and looked at Aang.

"Oh my gosh, Aang. I am so sorry. I don't know what came over me. But you know what? It won't happen again. Here, this is yours. I don't want to have to anything to do with it anymore" Katara apologized. She picked up the waterbending scroll and handed it to Aang.

"It's okay Katara" Aang said.

"What about Momo? He's the real victim here" Sokka cut in and pointed at the lemur.

"I'm sorry, Momo" She petted Momo.

"And what about me? There was that time you-" Sokka continued.

"No more apologies!"

***

I moved my sleeping bag next to Sokka so I could speak to him.

"Sokka?" I whispered.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"You won't tell anyone, right? About the guardian thing?" I asked.