Chapter 34

Mira

Sokka and I decided to keep whatever we had going on a secret. I didn't know if we were dating but I didn't want to bring it up. It was too early for that.

"Where were you guys? We were about to go looking for you" Katara asked, looking between the two of us. "Oh, we were just talking" I told her, which wasn't exactly a lie.

"Oh, okay" She said and turned back around to pack her things. Suki then walked up to Sokka and I.

"It's been really great seeing you two again. I came along to make sure you got through the Serpent's Pass safely. But now I need to get back to the other Kyoshi Warriors" She told us and I gave her a sad smile.

"We understand, it was nice seeing you again" I said. "We better bump into you again" Sokka added, smiling at her.

I gave her a hug and then she turned back around and walked away.

"I'll miss Suki" I sighed. I felt Sokka put his arm around me, giving me a small hug. I blushed and couldn't keep a smile off my face.

I then saw Katara walking up to us and I pulled away quickly.

"What's got you two so happy?" She asked and I looked up to see Sokka grinning. "Oh, nothing" He replied.

She gave us a suspicious look and slowly nodded.

"Well, come on. We're going now" She told us.

◇ ◇ ◇

As we followed behind the rest of the group, I felt Sokka take my hand in his. I smiled to myself.

Suddenly, I looked up to see Aang landing on the ground with his glider.

"Aang, what are you doing here? I thought you were looking looking for Appa" Katara asked. "I was, but something stopped me. Something big" Aang explained.

We walked to the Outer Wall, which wasn't so far away now, and Toph, along with Aang's help earthbended us to the top.

"Now, what's so big that Appa has to wait?" Sokka asked, frowning. "That."

We all turned our heads to see a giant drill making its way to the wall.

"Seriously? The Fire Nation? They never give up, huh?" I said, rolling my eyes. "We made it to Ba Sing Se and we're still not safe." Ying hugged her family.

"What are you people doing here? Civilians aren't allowed on the wall." We turned to see a few soldiers looking at us suspiciously.

"I'm the Princess of the Northern Water Tribe and this is the Avatar. Take us to whoever's in charge."

◇ ◇ ◇

"It is an honor to welcome a princess and the Avatar to the Outer Wall. But your help is not needed" An older man, who was the General, told us.

"Not needed?" Aang asked, surprised.

"Not needed. I have the situation under control. I assure you, the Fire Nation cannot penetrate this wall. Many have tried to break through it, but none have succeeded" The General said.

"What about the Dragon of the West? He got in" Toph stated, crossing her arms.

"Well, technically, yes. But he was quickly expunged. Nevertheless, that's why the city is named Ba Sing Se. Its the impenetrable city. They don't call it Na Sing Se! That means penetrable city." The General laughed but abruptly stopped.

"Yeah, thanks for the tour. But we still got the drill problem" Toph reminded him. "Not for long. To stop it, I've sent an elite platoon of Earthbenders called the Terra Team."