Entry 1

Journal Entry - 1

An hour before sundown.

Having my back against the tree while watching the sunset has never been more enjoyable as of right now. Maybe it's because I'm taking in that today might be the final day I ever get to see the sunset.

I hope to see the sunrise and survive final selection. I know I can do it. I don't doubt my own abilities nor my sister's abilities either. Me and Haruka are both strong without a doubt!

I just fear that we encounter a demon who's way out of our league. Well.. who knows. No matter how many times I say that I'll be fine or I'll pass through selections..

My heart rate hasn't decreased at all. I'm confident, but scared. I'm ready for combat, but my feet are faltering. I tell myself not to be so nervous yet my stomach is sick.

I am mentally not ready as I continue to write this. The first page of my journal could be my last or the start to my journey as a demon slayer.

There isn't anything I am good at- or so my father loves to say "A good for nothing child who was lucky enough to be born into wealth." One thing my father was impressed with was how barbaric I could be.

Of course through discipline and strict training my father who was a samurai was pleased with my progress as a swordsman. Still.. I was neglected no matter how much I improved. He never had the time for me.

Though there are no enemies and my father got too deep into politics- I believe there were still enemies out there.

Demons are just myths to scare children into doing good things and remain obedient. That night with Haruka showed me otherwise.

I'm going to avenge Rozuki and Saiken. They were more like parents to me than my own biological family. My revenge story starts here so don't die, Y/N. I know I can do this.