Chapter 2 - Distress Call

"Eighth form, frozen lake dance!" I dash around the large, obese demon as it tries to kill me with his tentacles. Also I like the new name for my eighth form.

I slash my way through while being agile. Skidding from point a to b and repeat. The demon can't even compete due to how much faster I am. I'm cutting through the fatty tentacles with ease which buys enough time for Haruka to ambush the demon.

I can see her up on the trees lurking around. She either cripples the demon or kills it. Depends on what I can do..

There's too much fatty muscles on the ankles and underarms so I can't really disable the demon from moving. The hands and fingers was something I was able to cut off easily, but anything else that has a mass bulk of fatty muscles is just difficult to cut through.

The demon decides to gather up the remaining tentacles into a group. All six of the tentacles charge right at me, but my ice breathing tenth form shreds the attack to pieces.

Ice storm is a defensive form that requires me to swing my sword as fast as I can. Very fast and I have to use what little momentum I have for power.

I tried blinding the demon, but this guy is a bit more tough. His regeneration is faster than the average demon and his fatty muscles bolsters the defence of the demon.

My tenth form is a success and it came out of nowhere too! I have a natural talent for this, but right now I got a demon to kill.

Let's try..

"Ice breathing ninth form, cryo shutdown."

The demon stretches the arm out like a grappler, but I jump up as fast as I could. My ninth form is a continuous attacks of strong strokes and swings to tear through flesh and bone.

As I fall back down to the ground I have already slashed the forearms off which I had trouble doing. My ninth form is taking a lot out of me as my oxygen intake increased and my stamina cost also increased.

I continue on as I run along his stretched out arm and sprint as I continue to glide my blade against his flesh. Like a long paper cut until I reach his shoulder. I jump up again aim my horizontal slash downwards to cut his entire right arm off.

The demon regrows one tentacle as its focusing the regeneration on one thing at a time to fasten the regeneration, but I'm still much faster. The tentacle tries to pierce my body, but a turn my body at a ninety degree angle and dodge the attack.

Rotating my body I slash downwards at the tentacle. I jump up again and slash downwards at his other arm. I dash across his ankles and cut both of those things off too. (Watch Katana zero speed runs. This is essentially what you're doing rn. Fast pace movements with strong attacks.)

The demon topples and falls right on top of me, but I spring up and slash through the neck which was something I thought I would have trouble with, but no. I land back down on the demon who is fading away and Haruka applauds my skill.

"Well done Mizu! You actually took it down by yourself! The demon ate a lot of people I heard and I'm surprised it didn't had any blood demon arts."

"Well maybe it needed more human blood and flesh. I need to find a way to get stronger, but I don't know where to start. Bulking up and gaining more muscle mass sounds nice, but does that really help me cleave through flesh?"

"It's all about technique otherwise every hashira has to be a hunk of a bear as a requirement and no females allowed."

"Hmm.. muscles do help, but yeah, definitely technique. Wonder what I'm lacking.. maybe it's my breathing. I'll talk to Yuutsu about it when I have the chance I guess. Well anyways- that should be it, right?"