Chapter 18 - Shinobu x Y/N

Before anything.. some notes from me, the author.

I hope this story has been an amazing read for anyone. Imma be honest, it lacks the romance because there's a few moments where you, the reader and Shinobu are together. I'm sorry so this chapter hopefully makes up for something.

Does this story have too much action? Probably yes and it did turn my focus away from the whole idea of romance. It's a x reader fanfic!! I'm so sorry..

Although I'm quite happy at how the story turned out and it was a lot of fun writing this fanfic from start to end. Also the cliff hanger is a possible continuation of this story to those of you who are confused.

Season 2, no idea if this will ever be a thing, but if it does ever come to my attention, the story will take place in 20th century. Modern enough right? I feel like the next generation chapter in the manga takes place at 1990's or early 2000's idk. 20th century it is!

The Kocho sisters reincarnated and attending an academy. Y/N, you, the reader, also reincarnated as well! So your time with Shinobu will continue on in the 20th century with a new story, new start. If I ever decide to go for season two, I'll try to focus more on romance and even slice of life.

So thank you to everyone who has been supporting me, any criticism is welcomed. Be it an amazing critique or you want to bash me I'm all game. Again, thank you everyone!

So this is it. The final chapter is number 17! This chapter is a what if Shinobu survived and won against upper moon two. Y/N or Mizu, survives against upper moon five.

This what if story takes place six years after Muzan's defeat.

Haruka loved any kinds of food, as long as it was stolen. Although I cannot offer her stolen food and besides business has been well. A box full of rice, rich meat covered in sauce, veggies on the side and a glass of sake.

Something she ought to try although Haruka would probably hate Sake, but no doubt she utilizes sake as a weapon.

I offer many treats to Haruka's grave and said my prayers. It's been six years since her death and a lot has changed when Muzan died. I wish Haruka can see what the world has become now although.. Japan hasn't gotten any better. Their ideas of rapidly expanding empire has become too radical.

World War one has boosted the ego and nationalism. It's only a matter of time until the emperor pokes a sleeping bear.

Still, life in Japan is still good when demons are gone. To this day I miss you very much Haruka, no one in this world could match your energy, arrogance, kindness, jokes, and so on.

"Daddy, daddy, auntie Yuutsu is here!" My daughter tugs on my haori, being about five years of age and she's able to speak quite well.

"Why don't you go say hi to auntie Yuutsu and uncle Ryuji? I want to speak with Haruka for a little bit longer. Ohh you're so adorable Mizuka, you look just like your mother you know that?" I pat my daughters head and she runs off to greet Yuutsu, hugging her tightly by the legs as Ryuji carries their son, Yuujiro who's about six years old this month.

I bow my head down to at Haruka's grave and gently touch the tombstone. Making sure the incense is straighten up and the platter of treats is well organized.

Haruka, recently our two year old son has started to walk. He can stand, but for a few seconds he'll fall. He's trying his best to walk over and over, having so much fun. Watching my son laugh and smile, I wish you were here to see it. Without you, I would never ever have any of this so.. at times I weep.

It's because of you I made it this far, even way before. Without you I cannot imagine my life, Haruka. I hope that one day my daugther, Mizuka, and my son Akira will visit you on their own to tell their stories and journey as life goes on.