Chapter 10 - Good Night Tokyo

Everyone is asleep expect for us demon hunters. We survive on sheer will and naps because at night.. the moment we close our eyes and drift to sleep- someone is going to die. It is our duty to be awake during this hour to annihilate demons.

I feel more nocturnal than normal nowadays, but it's part of the job and I know what I signed up for.

Sanemi patrols the city.

Kanao, Hattori, Gyoumei, and Shinobu remain around the graveyar, investigating any clues or whereabouts of the demon.

Me, Haruka, and Yuu-nee-san go deeper into the forest. (Yes another forest and a graveyard. Very cool!!)

No light, just the stars and the moon. Rely on our other senses than sight.

Although the last time we were at a graveyard.. there was people. It's so empty at the graveyard and it's even worse in the forest. There's no one around yet I feel like there's something watching us. The forest is very much alive.

Is it the wind that is making noises or is it unfortunate lost souls of those who died in this forest? Ghost aren't real, but a demon blood art would break all sense of reality otherwise. Everywhere I look- I just imagine a scene of death. It's like.. I see their last moment before death or something which really fucks with my eyes and mentality.

Couples unknowingly wandering in this forest only to be eaten in matter of seconds, lost children playing a test of courage but never to return home, and those who want to give up on life.. it's all here in this forest. It just reeks of blood and death, the demon must love it around here.

Although it doesn't have a cult following this time around, but the bodies the demon can reanimate and control.. Just focus on the mission and be prepared for anything. It's our mission to hunt and destroy the demon.

"You think an atomic bomb will destroy demons? It's practically a mini sun." Haruka doesn't seem to be too creeped out by the forest.. and her question is an odd one as well.

"Haruka.. atomic bombs aren't a thing.. yet. Hey didn't we make a joke about this in previous chapters?"

"I don't know. It's been months. Hey Nee-chan how much longer are we going to walk around? Looking back I can hardly see anyone but big trees and dense bushes. I feel like this forest is home to any demons."

"Many, perhaps, many demons." Yuutsu looks calmly as she said that. "You two aren't scared of little fries like them right?"

"Of course not." Haruka is ballsy as ever. Me? I'm fine.

It's impossible for us to get ambushed when I'm around. I'll detect any emotional pressure in an instant. Feelings sensors, activate!

"You two have become fine swordsman. Again.. I was distant, but all I can say now is that I'm proud of you both. It only gets more harder, challenging from here on."

"We'll be ready for it! Whatever comes!" Haruka cheers on and the three of us have our guards down. For a moment.. it was peaceful.

Of course we have to be ready and altered otherwise.. if anything happens then we'd probably die so back on guard, our chins up and ready to draw out our swords anytime.

"It's too quiet around here.. no, someone is here." Yuutsu unsheathes her sword immediately.

"Yeah.. I feel it." All of the sudden I can feel a strong wave of will power. Fiery, powerful, and a strong sense of justice lurking around.

"Ah.. I'm at ease to recognize a familiar face."

"Rengoku?!" Yuutsu takes a step back, but then immediately gathers up courage and stands in front of us, protecting us.