Chapter 12 - Ice cold, warm embrace.

"Agghhh- spare me!" The demon tries his best to crawl away despite having all four limbs hacked off. It's a goon of a demon so their regeneration is significantly slower compared to a kizuki.

He just crawls away like a caterpillar, slow as one as well.

I've been venting my anger and everything by just.. straight up hurting demons in ways I cannot imagine.

I skewer the demon by thrusting my sword right through his body, lifting my sword upwards and the demon cries out, asking for mercy.

Yuutsu steps in and chops his head off and sheathes her sword. Giving me a concerned look and looking like she wants to lecture me.

She tried to talk to me, but I just don't care anymore. It's been a few days since I've been like this- ever since Haruka was branded a traitor. Although the pursuit for Haruka is.. well- Hinoto and under cannot hunt her down.

Hashiras are too busy to hunt her down because of the sudden retirement of Tengen Uzui. So.. Rengoku and Uzui are gone which means that two hashira seats are dormant.

I'm relieved in a way, Haruka is not in immediate danger.

"You hate me?" Yuutsu straight up asks.

I don't know how I should respond.

The fact that Yuutsu lied to me, planned out everything for Haruka's escape and I was given false information. I could've been with Haruka right now.

I was ready to leave the demon slayer corps yet here I am! Yuutsu and Haruka were planning shit behind my back for god knows what reason- Haruka! Yeah, she knew the plan, she fucking stabbed me and now I'm stuck here.

How do I feel right now? I'm pissed!

I sheathe my sword and walk away, avoiding doing something stupid towards Yuutsu. I want to punch her for lying to me, but I know I'll end up losing anyways.

What's the point.

"Read the note!" Yuutsu shouts at me for the last time and just allows me to leave for once. We've been hunting demons together for a bit but it wasn't enjoyable.

It's not the same, not at all. Yuutsu tried her best to comfort me, lecture me for the wrong doings, and much more. She was an older sister watching out for me and I was causing some trouble or getting into trouble.

The note Haruka gave me by throwing a knife right at me and the blade lodging deep into my stomach- yeah let me read that fucking note. Fuck off.

Haruka left me for good so why should I read the note? It's probably some stupid apology and a stupid apology isn't going to fix anything. I'm angry, I'm lonely, and I feel betrayed.

Nothing good is coming my way and I'm just so close to giving up. I made it this far because I trained my whole life to slay demons, to avenge my parents. Although truth be told I became a demon slayer to take care of Haruka.

It was a dream really.

Slaying demons with Haruka, falling in love with Shinobu and even becoming friends with her.. it was peaceful and now I lost it all. Haruka is gone and.. I hardly talk to Shinobu since she's busy with treating Tanjiro and his friends.

They got battered hard by upper moon six, but they won.

Shinobu is also busy with hasira work and I really don't want to bother her. So.. I have no one with me. I appreciate that Yuutsu tried helping me out, but really.. it's kinda her fault that things turned out this way.

The night sky erases the blinding light of the sun which allows demons to roam around. So far only one demon decided to try and kill me, now there's nothing around. I can hardly sense anything.