0.3: TAPE 3

steve collects himself and him and bucky walk back into the conference room and sit as far away from each other as far as possible. tony is crouching down, putting in the third tape, labeled 3 - B.B.

y/n: buck... hey. she has a kind smile

bucky mutters under his breathe hey y/n like he's talking to her

y/n: i don't know if i should use past or present tense- lets got with present. i wear makeup when i know i'm going to see you because i thought you might like me more. i try so hard to be everything you like. only for you to say you're not the compliment type

wanda: james...

bucky: i- i had no idea

y/n: i know how you take your coffee and you're favorite 40s songs by heart. i read all your self-help books so you'd think that i was smart. stupid, emotional, obsessive little me.

bucky: you were none of those things darling he talks to the screen

loki: uh...she can't hear you

thor: stop it brother

y/n: maybe i just wasn't as interesting as the girls you had before. but god, you couldn't have cared less for someone who had loved you more. you always tell me i'm never satisfied but i don't think that's true. buck, all i ever wanted was to be enough for you. i'd say you hurt my heart but you hurt much more than that. now i don't want your sympathy i just want myself back.

tony: barnes what the hell?

bucky: i swear i had no idea she felt this way

natasha: tony do not act like some hero. you treated her so wrong

tony scoffs.

y/n: don't you think i love you too much to be used and discarded? dont you think i love you too much to think i deserve nothing? but don't tell me you feel sorry, love, feel sorry for yourself. because one day, maybe up in the sky, i'll be everything to somebody else. bucky you neglected me. you treated me as a revenge toy. oh and trust me, i know everything.

bruce: wha- what does she mean? bucky?

bucky stays silent. nat looks like she's biting her tongue. steve looks back at bucky fuming.

y/n: but i'll have to save that story for a later tape. we were never perfect. or good. but there were moments of joy and light. i loved you even if you didn't as much back. some people never change. goodbye bucky.

the screen clicks off and steve stands up, grabs buck by the edges of the jacket and shoves him against a wall. woah woah woah everyone calls out.

steve: what the fuck bucky. why the hell did you do that?

bucky: steve i had absolutely no idea

vision: steve, let him go

steve has his veins popping out of his neck out of pure anger and he drops bucky back to his feet.

pietro: i mean does she wants us to crumble from within? we are already throwing punches at each other.

wanda: p, we have to watch them

thor: the witch is right, we do.

wanda tilts her head and gives him a funny look at the nickname.

sam: tony, you're up