三十五 One Small Detour pt. 一

~35~

"Now, shut up and let me have my way with you."

He doesn't have to tell me twice. I submit happily to his wandering hands and desperate lips as he flips us so that my back is now slammed against the tree.

The warmth and electricity running through me is a feeling that I've never had the pleasure of experiencing before. The way each of his delicate touches ignites a fire against my skin that ripples into the core of my heart has my attention solely focused on him, keeping my sense of alertness to a minimum.

Because of my lack of focus, the swift sound of a whoosh in the wind barely registers in my ears before Levi's hand shoots up to cover my view.

"What are you—?

The excruciating sound of penetrated flesh causes a gasp to leave my body, my eyes widening at the sight of an arrowhead sticking out of Levi's now bloodied palm. The sharp point is millimeters from my face, and I blink rapidly to process the fact that I was almost killed.

Before either of us can make any move to defend ourselves from whatever threat we are facing, more than a dozen men enter the small clearing, surrounding us instantly. At the sight of their weapons pointed towards us, I quickly withdraw my own blade, Levi doing so as well, but with his good hand.

"Military Police," Levi hisses, and I stiffen in place.

He's right. After having to deal with The Hogs for so long, I had figured that they'd found us again. However, the uniformed people around us aren't much better. We're still bound to come out of this situation dead.

"Well, if it isn't Captain Levi," one of the MP's chuckles mischievously. "At first I couldn't believe that you had fallen into our clutches, but here you are. And with a friend."

I don't fail to notice Levi take a step to the right, slightly covering their view of me.

The man notices as well, and lets out a laugh. "A little protective, eh? I'm sure that you've heard by now that anyone in the Survey Corps is wanted for treason. Why don't you drop your weapon, or else we'll be sure to make your friend's death a little more memorable."

I swallow hard at the sound of his threat, but narrow my eyes and take a menacing step forward. Thankfully, Levi has the same idea.

"The ratio of numbers between us may be misleading to you, but I'm afraid neither of those scenarios are going to come to pass." The members of the Military Police aren't left with much time to react to Levi's words, before the two of us lash out at our nearest enemy without a second's hesitation.

The edge of my blade slashes through the arm of the first person I come across, using his late reaction to my advantage. Unfortunately, the next guy that comes barreling towards me is on high alert and prepared for my attack.

He's moving too fast for me to be able to land a hit with my sword, so I settle for a simple sidestep in order to get out of his way. Before he runs too far, though, I grab ahold of his arm, using his running momentum to flip him backwards. Once he's sprawled on the ground, I stick my sword through his chest.

Soon after, I'm barely able to swerve out of the way and dodge a dart aiming for the center of my neck. That's when I notice even more of them hiding in the trees. Next, three more men come running towards me.

The first guy is wide open, making it easy for me to slide my blade right through his gut. However, the other two flanking him surround both of my sides. If I had two weapons this might be a different story, but only being able to focus on one makes it a simple matter for the other to take advantage of my vulnerability.