Prologue

"My name is Gou. I'm from Vermilion City in the Kanto Region. My goal and dream is to find every single Pokémon and to find the mystical Pokémon, Mew. I am travelling with Ash. He's a boy from Pallet Town, also in the Kanto Region. Through strange and wonderful events, our paths crossed and we've been travelling together ever since. At first, as you might expect, we didn't exactly get off to the best start. However, we somehow broke through to each other. The event with the Bulbasaur and getting to meet Lugia, it really showed me how special Ash is. He's not an ordinary Trainer. He's...well, special. In a whole bunch of ways (laughs to himself). Anyway, we've become very close quite quickly. We do everything together. Eat, sleep, work, play, train. We've become quite an unstoppable team and I've come to care a lot about him. I've started to see him as my best friend. I hope he cares about me too. I'm sure he does. Ash is the type of person who cares about people and Pokémon. I respect that a lot.

But... Recently, I discovered something about myself. Something I never expected. I realised that... I'm not attracted to girls. I've never really shown an interest in girls but I assumed that it was because I was not interested in relationships as I had been concentrating on my research. That's been the most important thing to me for as long as I can remember. However, since meeting Ash, something has changed. My ultimate goal is still to find Mew, but, I've realised something terrible. Something awful and terrifying. Something that would end my life if anyone were to find out...

I'm in love with Ash...........

I don't know how it happened. I don't understand how it all works. I don't fully understand my own feelings. But... I didn't want these feelings to happen. I don't want these feelings to happen. I want these feelings to disappear. I want these feelings to be erased from my memory. I curse that this awful thing had to happen to me. Why!? Why did this have to happen to me!? Why must my life be torcherous!? Why did I fall in love with him, when I know I can't have him!? I can't have him that way.

Him and I...is something that can never be. I would never forgive myself if I told him. I don't even know what I want and I don't want to risk ruining everything. He'll think I'm a freak. He'll leave me, and I'll be alone. I can't. I have to suppress these feelings. No one can know about them. No one can know my secret. Especially him.

My name is Gou. I'm from Vermilion City in the Kanto Region. My goal and dream is to find every single Pokémon and to find the mystical Pokémon, Mew. And I'm in love with my best friend...