Chapter Twenty One: Is This The Start Of Something Beautiful?

Dessert is finished. Our boys stomachs are stuffed. A look of pure satisfaction can be seen on both their faces.

"I'm absolutely stuffed!" Gou exhaled rubbing the food baby that has grown on his tummy.

"That food was good. Even if I do say so myself!" Ash chuckles doing the same thing.

"I had no idea you could cook!" Gou says.

"Well...Mallow helped." Ash responds looking away.

"Mallow cooked it all, didn't she?" Gou giggles.

"I helped!" Ash replies.

"With?" Gou quizzes.

"...The salad..." Ash grunts.

Gou bursts into fits of laughter. Ash looks at him, completely unimpressed.

"Why is it funny!?" Ash groans.

"I don't know!" Gou laughs wiping the tears from his eyes. "You just looked so guilty when you said that, after acting all proud about it!"

"Stop it!" Ash continues to groan, folding his arms in a mini huff.

"OK OK! I'm sorry!" Gou smirks. "So what now?"

"You're bored already!?" Ash asks in shock.

"No! Of course not!" Gou responds a bit more seriously.

"Well...I don't know. I didn't think that far." Ash replies.

"That's you to a 'T' Ash." Gou smiles.

Gou stands up and reaches for Ash's plate.

"What you doing?" Ash enquires.

"I'm gonna wash up!" Gou scoffs.

"Why?" Ash presses.

"Well...because you cooked so, it's only fair that I clean up." Gou explains.

"No! I'll do it!" Ash responds.

"Why? Don't be silly! It's fine!" Gou insists.

"No!" Ash argues standing, and grabbing the plate.

"Ash!" Gou grunts.

"Let me do it!" Ash complains.

The pair have a light struggle. Going back and forth about who would clean up. Gou insisting on doing it but Ash wanting to be a gentleman. The words flying are not in anger but in laughter as both realise that it is a funny and strange thing to argue over, however, recognising that they are both as equally competitive so, neither willing to give in.

Eventually, Ash let's go of the plate and lightly caresses Gou's hand, sending a tingling feeling down Gou's spine. Their eyes locked onto each other. Gou is lost in Ash's eyes. Very hypnotic.

"Put the plate down, Gou..." Ash lightly instructs as he guides Gou's hand, placing the plate back onto the table. Even after letting go of the plate, Ash's hand is still on top of Gou's hand. Gou is feeling numb, but it's a sensational feeling. Still locked onto Ash's eyes, he can feel Ash's fingers lightly carresing his. He can feel Ash's fingers slowly pushing between the gaps on Gou's hand. Slowly trying to intertwine. Gou doesn't resist.

Their fingers are now caught in an enchanted dance.

Fingers entwined.

Ash slowly leans over and gently places his lips on Gou's. Gou closes his eyes. The numbness even stronger, he feels his legs could give way. The sensational feeling has become a spectacular one. Using their free hands to embrace each other tightly. The magic that is now encircling them turns the world around them grey and blurry. They are the only colour in the world. Gou has no desire to end the kiss. This is the best feeling in the world, Gou thinks to himself. He wished that he didn't resist his feelings for so long. Maybe if he accepted them earlier, then maybe this moment could have happened sooner. If he knew how amazing it feels to kiss Ash then, he definitely would've acted sooner. The beauty of hindsight, as they say. But, back then clearly wasn't the right time. Now is the right time, though.

Ash lightly pulls his lips away, staring back at Gou.

"Gou..." Ash begins. "I'm glad we finally did this! I'm glad that we seem to be in the same place. I've waited, dreamed of this moment since we met."

"Since we met?" Gou interrupts. "You've felt this way since we first met!?"

Ash places his hand on Gou's cheek. "Yeah! I have!"

Gou just stares in amazement. Just when he thinks he has Ash all figured out, something else happens to surprise him. There's always more to Ash than is clear.

"I had no idea!" Gou eventually responds.

"I'm hoping that...since we are both feeling the same way...I would really like it if...if we...if we could...be together...like...as a couple..." Ash confesses.

Gou looks deep into Ash's eyes once again. A smile painted across his face.

Is this the start of something beautiful?

Yes! Yes it is!

(A/N) Hello reader! Thank you for reading this latest chapter and congratulations for reading this far. When I reach this chapter, I start to think about what I'll write next and as always, I like to gauge opinion from you, the reader. I have started writing a NieR Automata fanfic. It would involve 9S and a male character that I've made up. I haven't published anything for it yet because I want to write a couple of chapters to see if the story will go anywhere but wandering if NieR Automata is too niche for people to understand. There would be spoilers from the game in it so, it depends if that would be a deal breaker for people or if it's too complicated to understand. The other option is another Pokémon fanfic (since I seem to be good at those), it would most likely be Victor x Hop from Pokémon Sword and Shield or Diamond x Barry from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl.

Please let me know what you think or if you have a request, I'm happy to entertain those.

Thanks again :) xxxx