Chapter Eleven: Hitting The City

The next day...

Our boys are up and ready early. Everyone is sitting at the table having breakfast. Gou has already finished his and is eager to see Hau'oli City and the rest of Alola and to catch Alolan Pokémon. He's super excited. But Ash is still eating breakfast, and Gou is getting restless.

"Ash! Come on! Let's go!" Gou urges.

"Food first!" Ash retorts.

"But Ash!" Gou continues. "You promised we'd go early to explore. There's a lot I want to see and do!"

"I know and we will but I want to eat first." Ash insists.

Gou starts to pout. He's not accepting that response. He walks over to his chair and starts poking Ash in the arm. "Come on!" Gou pouts.

"Stop it" Ash complains.

"Pleeeeaaassseeee!" Gou continues, still poking.

"Gou, stop it!" Ash giggles. Lightly batting Gou's hand away.

"Ash!" Gou grunts grabbing onto Ash's arm with one hand and poking him with his other hand.

"Gou, seriously!" Ash laughs. "Can't you just be patient?"

"...No!" Gou responds continuing to poke him.

"You two are so cute!" Professor Burnett chuckles.

"What?" Ash and Gou respond in unison.

"You're like a cute little couple the way you carry on!" She laughs.

Gou looks at his hand grabbing Ash's arm. He suddenly gets all embarrassed. He quickly let's go and looks at the floor.

"I-I will...wait for you outside!" Gou stutters marching himself outside, constantly looking down to avoid eye contact.

Gou is breathing a little heavy. That was too much. Too...familiar and Professor Burnett commented on it. This isn't good. He can't keep slipping up like that. People are going to think things.

"Of course!" Gou suddenly says snapping his fingers. He didn't do his morning meditation. That's what it is. Meditation has been helping him suppress those feelings and keep them in check and he didn't do it this morning. Maybe he'll do it at sunset. That'll be nice. On the beach as the Alolan sun sets. That thought made him smile.

*Door opens*

"Let's go!" Ash declares.

"Yes!" Gou reacts.

***************************
The boys start by exploring Hau'oli City as Gou was determined to see what these Malasada things are. Ash kept saying they were delicious, so, Gou just had to try them. Ash takes Gou to one of the malls with one of the best Malasada shops.

"Wow!" Gou says with amazement. There are so many flavours for Gou to choose from that he can't decide which ones to try.

"Just get one of each!" Ash suggests.

"Are you kidding!? There are so many flavours! We'll never eat all of them!" Gou reacts.

Ash snickers....

"Yeah, OK!" Gou admits.

After buying a countless number of Malasadas, Ash starts leading them somewhere to eat them. 'An amazing view from the top floor' Ash said, so, Gou is obviously curious. Although, he's noticing that some people are staring at them. It's making Gou a little nervous. Is it because of all the Malasadas? Are they whispering about him? Are they judging?

"Ash...people are staring at us..." Gou says nervously.

"Who cares!?" Ash chuckles.

"Well...uhm...OK..." Gou mumbles.

As the pair continue to head for the top floor, Gou notices some children running towards them.

"Excuse me, Ash?" One of the boys say. "Can I get a selfie with you?"

"Sure!" Ash giggles.

"Me too! Me too!" The other children yell.

Gou has a look of sheer confusion. Why are they wanting selfies with Ash? He knows Ash spent some time living here and knowing Ash, he will have made a name for himself here, but...this is strange.

"Thank you so much!" The children cheer in unison.

"Not a problem!" Ash smiles.

"Wow! I can't believe we got pictures with the First Champion of Alola! This is so cool! We have to show everyone at school tomorrow!" One of them says as they walk away happy.

"First Champion of Alol...WHAT!?" Gou squeaks.

"YOU'RE POKÉMON CHAMPION HERE!?" Gou screams causing passers-by to turn and look.

"Uhm...yeah! Did I not mention that?" Ash responds nervously.

"You're Pokémon Champion of Alola! You're! Pokémon Champion! Of Alola!" Gou repeats.

"Yeah..." Ash acknowledges.

"People weren't staring at us! They were staring at you!" Gou continues.

"Seriously, Gou! Calm down!" Ash laughs.

"I can't calm down! This is incredible! I mean, I already thought you were amazing but this is just phenomenal!" Gou cheers.

"You think I'm amazing?" Ash asks softly.

That stopped Gou dead in his tracks. Did he just say that out loud?

"W-What?" Gou stutters.

"You think I'm amazing!" Ash repeats with a sly smile.

"Well...uhm...I guess...I mean...uhm..." Gou turns all red with embarrassment.

Ash giggles. "Come on! Let's go!"

Gou gives a silent sigh of relief as they reach the top floor. It's open plan. No roof, benches facing out towards the four directions of the city, with a small garden in the middle. There's a nice, gentle breeze. Quite calming. The pair sit on one of the benches and open the bag of Malasadas.

"The view is breathtaking!" Gou says.

"Told ya!" Ash quirks.

The pair just sit there, eating Malasadas and enjoying the lovely view. They could just sit there for hours.

How peaceful...