Chapter Thirteen: A Confession Unprepared For!

(A/N) Dear reader, thank you for reading up to this point. I really appreciate it. I'm not a writer but this was a hobby that I started doing during the 2nd lockdown and I do quite enjoy it so, I hope you're all enjoying what I write. Anyway, I know that Wattpad is available worldwide and I am curious to know where you are all from. So, just for my own curiosity, please leave a comment of where you are all from. I'd love to find out where all my readers are from.

Thanks and take care  :)

*********************************

Gou continues to look out at the sea. Continuing to ponder what Professor Kukui said.

"There's nothing wrong with being gay!"

Gay? Gay? What did he mean? Is Gou Gay? Is that what this is? He hasn't properly thought about it before. He's been too busy dealing with his...feelings for Ash. Dealing with the fact that he's in love with him, he never actually addressed that he might actually he gay. Although, he hasn't been attracted to other guys, just Ash. That's because Ash is special though. This is just so annoying. Why did Professor Kukui have to say all those things?

"He's not right, is he?" He says to himself. "Surely not!"

"I don't want to tell him!"

*Door opens*

"Uhm... Gou?" Ash says to get Gou's attention.

"Huh? What's wrong?" Gou asks.

"Professor Kukui said you wanted to talk to me?" Ash continues.

"Uh..." Gou groans. He can't believe Professor Kukui did that. Gou wasn't sure he was even going to speak to Ash, but it's clear that it isn't ultimately his decision after all.

"Gou...?" Ash interrupts. "What's wrong? Why do you need to talk to me?"

Gou takes a deep breath.

"Let's take a walk!" Ash says.

"Sure!" Gou responds.

The two start slowly walking down the beach towards the sea. Gou is so nervous. He's not exactly prepared for what he's going to say. He could still chicken out. But... Professor Kukui is right.

"You need to tell him!"

"Mmm..." Gou cringes. He hates this.

"Gou..." Ash says solemnly.

"What?" Gou says.

"Talk to me! Somethings been bothering you." Ash prys.

"Yes..." Gou begins. "Something has been bothering me for quite a while. So, maybe it's time to talk about it."

"Well, that's good. You'll feel better if you talk about it." Ash says placing his arm around Gou.

"It's...difficult!" Gou says shrugging off Ash's arm.

Ash just watches as Gou walks closer to the water. "Well, take all the time you need. Don't feel rushed. Whenever you're ready."

Gou stares out at the sea. The Alolan sun slowly setting on the horizon. The various sounds of Alolan Pokémon shrieking. The sound of the revellers back at the house chatting, laughing. The music blaring. Gou tries to block it all out in an attempt to gather his thoughts. It's obviously too late to back out now. There's no turning back. He has to come clean.

"Ash...I...I have to confess something to you..." Gou begins.

"What is it?" Ash enquires.

"Obviously you've noticed that somethings not been quite right...with me. Sometimes I've been distant, and sometimes I've lashed out at you. I really want you to know...that it's not anything you've done. I know you might feel that I've been blaming you but it's really not your fault and it's really important that you know that."

Ash doesn't say a word.

"The reason I've been acting so strange is because...recently...I've been feeling a certain way. It was so completely new and unexpected that it scared me and it completely freaked me out. In fact, it still does. I still don't quite understand how or why it happened but the reality is it has. And I now have come to the realisation that I must be honest with you."

Ash still doesn't say a word.

"Ash...this is extremely difficult for me to say but I...but I..."

Gou closes his eyes. This is it. Ready or not. He has to say the words. He doesn't want to admit it but, Professor Kukui is probably right. He might feel better getting it off his chest. So...he needs to say the words...just needs to come out with it.

"Ash..."

"I like you!"