Chapter Nineteen: Why Are Boys So Complicated!?

"What is Ash doing then?" Lana quizzes.

Gou just stares out. A mixture of anger and disappointment is overcoming him.
"So much for wanting a date!" He grumbles.

"What?" Lana asks.

"N-Nothing!" Gou stutters.

"What did you say about a date?" Lana prys.

"No! Nothing! I'm just muttering!" Gou responds standing up. "I'm going to go for a walk!"

"Oh...Gou. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to upset you!" Lana apologises.

"No. You haven't. I've just had a bit of a lousy day. I actually just want to go and clear my head." Gou replies excusing himself. "I'll see you around."

Gou walks away. His head is a mess. Why is he feeling this way? Well, he knows why but why? This is so unfair! Gou was doing absolutely fine before he met Ash. He didn't need anyone. He didn't need to rely on anyone. Then Ash came along and Gou developed feelings for him. Now Gou can't imagine his life without Ash. But since last night, the whole dynamic has changed. Ash felt the same way, asked Gou out on a date, and this morning, couldn't get away fast enough.

Something just isn't adding up. He really needs to speak to Ash.

But...what does he say?

Gou isn't really use to confrontation. He doesn't really know how he wants the conversation to play out. It might not turn into an argument. Then again, it might. It depends how upset Gou is about it all.

Is Gou angry?
Sort of!

Is he upset?
Yes!

Is he disappointed?
Uhm... Yes!

Did he want this date?
Well... Yes... Sort of... Yes!

Well then, shouldn't he confront Ash about it? It's already been established that he should!

Well, why hasn't he confronted him yet? Uh... Well... Ash's location is unknown. He could call him but this conversation should really happen in person.

"Wait!" Gou suddenly blurts out. "Why didn't I just call him to find out where he is?"

Feeling quite silly at not thinking of that before, he takes out his phone and selects Ash's number on his contacts list and places the phone to his ear...

He waits patiently. Hearing the dialing tone ring...

"What?" said the voice that picked up.

Gou just stands there, silently. Gritting his teeth.

Seriously!? That's how he answers the phone. He completely ignored Gou all morning and rushes out the door without saying a word...

"Hello?"

...and to answer the phone without even a proper greeting? How rude is that?

"Gou?"

He was the one who wanted this bloody date! And now Gou is the one being left in the lurch! Gou is the one being emotionally played with. What the hell is Ash doing...

"GOU!" Ash shouts snapping Gou out of his thoughts. He knows he was the one to call but he's in no mood.

"Forget it!" Gou grunts hanging up the phone. He's definitely angry now.

"What a dick!" Gou growls. He's had enough. He's going back to Kanto. He's too angry to deal with this. He doesn't want to deal with Ash. He doesn't want to be here. He doesn't care about missing out on catching Pokémon, he's just done.

Like a homing missile, he walks directly and quickly towards his target. He's not even going to say anything. Straight in, pack his stuff and get out. Hopefully no one will be home.

Gou approaches the front door. His hands are shaking with rage. He knows he's more angry than he actually should be. It's just...this whole thing has been an emotional shit storm. Wasting all that energy trying to suppress his feelings, then, those feelings taking over, Ash reciprocating, Ash kissing him, him kissing Ash, Ash wanting a date and now this.

He's almost trying to analyse it all to check that he isn't over-reacting. Maybe he is over-reacting. Maybe there's a logical explanation.

"No..." Gou grunts. He's not going to make up excuses for it. He's decided. He's done.

He opens the door and storms in, but, suddenly stops in his tracks. His angry expression replaced with a shocked expression.

"Welcome back!" Ash says, standing there with a flower in his hand. The table set with nice plates and cutlery and a candle burning in the middle.

Gou can't believe his eyes. He actually doesn't know how to feel. He was so angry just a few seconds ago and now he's just shocked. Ash seemed totally indifferent and uninterested this morning. Then, that rude way he answered the phone. Now here we are, Gou standing, staring at Ash who's looking back at him with a cute smile on his face...

Why are boys so complicated!?

(A/N) Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you're enjoying the story. Please continue writing your comments. I know I don't answer them all but I do read them. :) xxx