Chapter 3, Part 5

We got to her room, it was very bright. Her walls, bedsheets, and furniture had a candy pattern on them. She had yellow carpeting, it matched some of the accents of the candy and sweets. She had a bunch of organizers and boxes with candies in them. It was a nice room, you could even call it a 6 year old's dream room.

"So, this is my room," She giggled, "It's not that special, but I like it!"
"I think it's nice!" I patted her shoulder.
"It looks like something for a child," Koki rolled his eyes.
"I like your cupcake," Kaz pointed at the plush toy on Asa's bed.
Asa gasped, "Thank you! His name is Frosty,"
"Wait, wait, you should come with me," Kaz gasped.
"Bit of a problem, Asa can't leave without me coming, and you can't go anywhere without Zenshiro," Seiko spoke, "The motive, remember?"
"Yeah, I remember, Zenshiro's seen my room, and I don't mind if you come in," She shrugged.
"You said you didn't want anyone in your room though, didn't you?" Koki asked.
"That was in the past, besides you're not invited," She waved her hand.
"Ouch," Koki crossed his arms.
"Uh, you guys can stay here if you want, or you can leave, if you want," Asa turned to the rest of us.
"We should go to my room!" Shin exclaimed.
"Alright, that sounds like a plan," I nodded.
"Wait, who's going where with who?" Zenshiro looked at the group, he looked like he was distracted before.
"You're coming with us," Seiko pulled on his arm and left the room, Kaz and Asa followed them, still talking.
"Well, we should head to Shin's room then," I stated.
"YEAH!!" Shin ran out of the room and down further.

His room was room 2. He unlocked the door and the remainders of the group walked in. It looked like it was styled like a medieval castle, something you'd see in a fairytale. It was very cool, it had swords and shields on the wall, the bed had a canopy over it, the furniture looked old, but also very nice. It had a red and blue color scheme, that seemed to be a reoccurring theme with him. Maybe it has to do with something about him, he's a night after all.

"What's with the red and blue? It seemed to be a thing with you," I asked him.
"Oh, that's my kingdom's colors, from what I remember! My duty is to serve and protect, so I want to show my loyalty no matter what!" He put his hands on his hips and nodded.
"Where are you from exactly?" Koki asked.
"I'm from Germany," He smiled.
"Woah, that's cool!" I exclaimed.
He laughed, "I guess so! You guys can take a look around if you want!"

I walked over to a shelf, there was a few decorations, they were pretty small, made of porcelain. There was something else on the shelf that I noticed, there was a crown. I turned back to Shin and pointed to it.

"What's this about?" I asked.
"Oh, that," He had a change in mood, "That was Elke's,"
"Who's...Elke..?" I was intrigued.
"She was the princess, I was supposed to protect her, prove myself to the king so I could marry her, but," He frowned, "I failed the only thing I was ever asked to do,"
"Did she...die?" I moved towards him, I put a hand on his shoulder.
He nodded, "It was my fault, I didn't save her,"
"Shin, it's okay, you probably did all you could," I patted his shoulder.
"I could've done more," He covered his eyes, "It...should've been me,"
"Don't beat yourself up over it, I'm sure Elke was still proud of you for doing what you could, it wasn't your fault," I hugged him softly.

He started crying quietly. It was silent the rest of the time. Takahiro and Koki were still looking around, I was trying my best to comfort Shin. I wasn't that good at comforting people, it was kind of awkward. He stopped crying after a bit of time had passed.

"Uh, Takahiro, can we go to your room?" I asked.

She looked at me and nodded. We left Shin's room and walked back down the hall. Her room was across from Asa's, room 7. It was different from what she seemed to be like. There was a lot of bright colors and bright lights, probably LEDs. It was a nice room, I liked it.

"This is so cool!" Shin exclaimed.
Takahiro smiled with her eyes, she wrote, "Thank you!"
"I like this room, it's the most reasonable one I've seen so far," Koki stated.
"Mines reasonable," Shin crossed his arms.
"You have the crown of a dead princess," Koki turned and stared at him.
"Elke wanted me to have it before she left, so I kept it and I want to keep it," Shin stared back at him.

There was an announcement.

"Ahem, a body, no, TWO bodies have been discovered! Now then, after a certain amount of time, which you can use however you would like, the class trial will begin!" Monokuma's voice rang out.

Two bodies. Two bodies? Someone killed two people. I remembered the others and ran down the hall. They were running for us.

"MAMORU- MAMORU-" Seiko grabbed onto my arms, "THERE WAS SOMETHING IN MY ROOM, ONE OF THE SHELFS I THINK, THERE'S A BOX, TAKE IT-"

She shoved her room key into my hands. I looked at the group, three of them were going to be gone any minute now. Asa was holding onto Seiko's arm, Zenshiro was tightly hugging Kaz. It was kind of sad, I wish we got more time with them. I still wanted to spend some time with Rokuro, I wanted to know more about Asa as well, I didn't want them to go this soon. I didn't have a say in it. It had to happen. I hugged Seiko, Asa pulled into the hug as well. Shin joined the hug, along with Takahiro. Seiko started crying, Koki came into the hug as well, that surprised me. Asa was crying now, too. It was a mess, but it was the last thing we could do together. Kaz and Zenshiro joined as well. Most of the group was in tears at this point. We were going to lose them again. We had to go investigate soon. The hug broke up.

"We should go investigate," Koki stated.
"We didn't get enough time..." Asa fell to her knees and kept crying.
Koki walked off, "I'm going to look for the scene of the crime."

I needed to help, but I didn't want to leave them yet. There was a time limit to the investigation, so I should be on my way, but I wanted to say goodbye when they went.

"Mamoru, go," Kaz pushed my shoulder.
"Huh? But, I want to be here with them," I stepped towards her.
"You we're here enough, fuckhead, fill me in on whatever you get, I won't be much help anyway," She pushed me back again, "Go."
"But I-" I stated.
"FUCK OFF." She shouted at me.

I nodded and went on my way. I needed to find Koki, he might have a general idea of where to go. I slowed down. I looked behind me, there was nothing. I was all alone, I was lost. I didn't know where I was. I got dizzy and collapsed onto a wall. I sank to the floor. Where did Koki go? Where did I go? How did I get lost? I buried my head in my arms.

There was a tap on my shoulder, I looked up. Koki was back.

"We don't have any time to waste, come on," He pulled me up and started down the hallway.
I cleared my throat, "Right,"

We walked into the ballroom and went to the back. The others were gathered there. There were the two bodies. They were already investigating. I walked forward to get a closer look of who was killed.

Isamu and Arisa.