Chapter 14

LUCYA

I was in my room, when I heard Maximo calling my name from the corridor. He has ordered me to stay in my room, Maximo told me that some of their rivals will be here and it will be violent. He also mentioned that my life is in danger because those men are here to abduct me. He said that Trinidad has given him orders, he doesn't know that I know Trinidad is not his boss.

I opened the door to listen to him, "yeah."

"Come here," he ordered I approach near him, he has a gun in his hand. I'm a little freaked out, even he looks frustrated.

"Just follow my orders. Don't try to escape and don't utter a single word." I nodded my head without uttering a single word. He hold the back of my neck roughly, and he dragged me outside the mansion. But still he tried to be gentle he was only acting to be rude.

Reaching outside I saw his yard filled with some men who look like criminals. He pointed the gun to my head, my eyes widened at his action. I don't know any shit of his plan, what is he doing?

"If you don't surrender yourself to us, I'll kill her. You know I don't pity anyone..." he said to a man who was standing in front of us with a pistol in his hand, and Marco was beside him along with some other bodyguards.

Maximo pinned me on his hard chest while pointing the gun closer to my head as if he can shoot at any time.

"Ok I'm ready to surrender myself, but you know exactly what my father will do to you" the guy said with gritted teeth.

"I'm not afraid of him." Maximo shouted, I froze for a moment, I don't have any idea who are these people and why he is using me against them. The guy surrender himself and Marco tied his hands. Then they lead him toward the chamber. Just in a blink, I heard the sound of some guns. When I analyse the area they were all laying on the ground with blood floating around them. Tears began to roll out from my eyes.

Maximo hold me tightly, and he lead me inside the mansion. I got out of his grip, "who was them?"

"Non of your business" he said coldly. "Maximo, you were using me against them. Who was the guy whom you've kept in your chamber?" I shouted with my heart pounding against my chest and the tears are unstoppable. I can't witness violence in front of my eyes, I feel weak. Maximo remains quiet, he was holding a gun in his hand. I was fuming with anger, I couldn't resist his silence anymore. I grabbed the gun from his hand. Sliding the lock, I unlocked it and I pulled the trigger pointing the gun toward the wall. I was shocked after the bullet hit the wall.

Without wasting time Maximo grabbed the gun from my hand. "How did I unlocked this? I've never used a gun before, this is impossible for me..." I startled when I felt the grief of pain in my head.

Maximo hugged me while trying to calm me, "your father is a mafia, it's your nature. You don't need to freak out." Maximo said, trying to console me.

"What if I would've aimed at you?" I whimper as I buried my face on his chest.

"It happens, don't cry" he stroke my hair then he placed a kiss on my forehead. But I was still furious with him, I pushed him away from me. "Tell me the truth!" I slapped him, he grabbed my wrist tightly.

"Lucya, stop it!" He said with gritted teeth, I struggled myself. He hold the back of my neck, and he squeezed it which cause me to scream. When he noticed, he was hurting me, he pushed me away, and I bumped on the wall, I gasp when I felt the pain on my head. "Maximo! How dare you, you've hurt me." I shouted in tears, he meet my gazes with a sadness look. But he didn't come to help me. I sat on my knees I can't control my tears. Maximo seemed to be very energetic, those minor things are nothing for him. I see him as he removed his mobile phone from his pocket. He placed it near his ear.

The pain in my head kept on increasing, I think I should call Stella, "STELLA!" I shouted from the living room, no response.

"Stella is not here." Maximo added, "come inside immediately, I'm not able to control her." Maximo said through the phone.

Who is coming, is he trying to kill me? I moan in pain, I was unable to move I felt my head numb, my vision was blurry with the tears. I was about to lose my balance, Maximo rush beside me to give me a support.

"I don't need your help." I whispered while pushing him away with all my forces. "I'm weak." I mumbled.

"Let's go, I'll help you till your room" he stated coldly.

"I hate you, I didn't expect this from you." I whispered with my shaky voice.

"LUCYA!" I heard a familiar voice, Maximo pull away so that I can see who was there.

"Damien." A smile appeared on my face, he rush to me, and I hug him tightly. "Where have you been?" I whispered, wait! Damien...I pull away immediately.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him with a shaky voice. "He works for me!" Maximo added.

"Lucya," my eyes landed on Lea. She hugged me "I'm sorry, I had to lie!" She hugged me tightly when she pulled away I gave Maximo a deadly look.

"You were playing with my life." I exclaimed. I squeezed my eyes in pain. Lea runs her hand on my head lightly, "shit Maxi! Her head is bleeding!" Lea screamed when all of them gathered near me.

"I'm calling the doctor." Damien said. "How she got hurt?" Lea asked Maximo.

"It's because of me." Maximo added.

[...]

I woke up with a severe pain, my eyes landed on Damien who is sleeping on the couch. He stayed with me the entire night? Why?

MAXIMO'S POV

I was in Lucya's bedroom the whole night. I wanted to make sure she is alright. I know I've hurt her, I didn't mean to be rough with her, but she was insisting with me, she wanted to know the truth and I couldn't control myself at that moment. I feel bad for harming her. Last night the doctor was here, he gave Lucya a sleeping pill. Her head is still wounded. Then I had stayed in her bedroom during the night. Before she woke up I told Damien to replace me, if Lucya would've found me in her room. She would disturb herself.

It would be better if I will distance myself away from her. She hates me! I don't think she will ever forgive me of what happened yesterday.

Anyway she needs a man who would be chivalrous toward her, a real gentleman not a mafia godfather.