Chapter 17

MAXIMO

"I will be leaving for a business trip in two days and I'm leaving everything to you. Please make sure everything will remain the same. Especially Lucya" Damien nodded his head with a supportive smile. I know he will care mostly about Lucya, he loves her. I try hard to control my anger before speaking again.

Turning my face toward Lea I noticed a glint of tears in her eyes. She sigh to Damien, what happen to her? "You may leave" I dismissed Damien. "Lea we need to talk." I stated, I approached near her.

"Is everything ok?" I don't know what makes me feel so much emotional to ask her this question.

"Yeah." All of a sudden she tried to hide her grieves.

"Liar" I smirked at her with a dead look. I know she is concerned about Damien. "You look depressed since Damien and Lucya are staying together" I utter, her eyes widened. "No Maxi, there's nothing like that." She startled.

"Lea, you are not the girl who used to startle especially when you talk with me. You love him, right."

This time she couldn't hold on her tears and she broke into tears. I wrapped my arms around her. "It's ok, everything will be alright but I need your help for..." I was talking with Lea she was still around my arms. I noticed Lucya at the doorstep.

"Stay still." I whispered in Lea's ears, then I began to stroke her hair with a smile on my lips.

LUCYA

I needed to talk with Maximo, I searched for him all around the house then Damien informed me that he was in the study room. I walked through the corridor until I reached to the study room the door was ajar, my eyes landed on them through the little space. I felt my heart ached when I saw Maximo and Lea together. Maximo was smiling and he doesn't use to smile with anyone. He was pictured happy with Lea, they are friends. I shook my head and left without interrupting them.

What is happening to me I shouldn't feel nothing toward Maximo, he is has kidnapped me. I don't even know the purpose of this. Maximo is just a dangerous man, who runs this huge mafia world and I shouldn't be caring about him. This is his world, I'll have to do something and get to know the truth. I have been pretending to be in love with Damien, because if he will be obsessed toward me he will reveal all the truth to me. I can't understand why Maximo is so jealous about us. He is acting wired for the past few days and he is not staying at home, not like before! I can't understand this man.

Damien is leaving for a business trip, Maximo was supposed to go but he ordered Damien to do so. When Damien raised the question about my protection, Maximo said that he will be the one who will protect me in Damien's absence. Like seriously he will be staying in my bedroom! Maximo is not the one who will be able to adjust the whole night in a couch. Let's see how he will try to adjust himself.

[...]

We had dinner, Damien had already left so we are only four, Lea, Marco, Maximo and me. For the first time Maximo is talking while having dinner, as far as I knew he hate talking when he is eating. Lea and his conversation are endless all I can hear is whispers and laughter.

I wish that I could tell Lea that there's nothing between Damien and me. I know she loves him but Damien doesn't! I just hope she will not hate me. But we are not the same like before everything changed since the day we went outside that night.

"Lucya!" I froze with his cold tone. "Yeah" I raised my head. "Since Damien is not here, you'll be staying in my bedroom. I will not be able to spend the whole night in the couch, I'm not Damien." He ordered with his expressionless face but he sounds scary. What does he mean by 'I'm not Damien' does he mean that I can't order him to do anything.