Chapter 9

LUCYA

I've been staying here for about two weeks, I can't deny the fact that I hate staying here. This place is amazing, I've made some new friends, for example with the bodyguards, servants, the chef, and Stella. Maximo has gone on a business trip, and he left Marco behind to keep an eye on me.

I strolled around the house when I met Stella who pushed out the cart which contains all her cleaning materials.

"Stella.." I interrupted her.

"Yes," she glared at me.

"Haven't you finished yet?" I asked her. She shook her head immediately, "two rooms left" she mimicked lifting two fingers toward me.

"Should I help you?"

"No...no if Mr. Guillermo finds out he will definitely kill me" she added.

"Don't worry I will handle him! Let me help you so that you can give me company by the swimming pool. Don't be afraid of Maximo I will talk with him, and he is not here either, so no worries" I stated.

"Ok fine" she jumped in happiness, "clean Mr. Guillermo's room until I'll finish up in the laundry room." She stated while giving me the cart, I push it toward Maximo's bedroom.

I met Marco in the corridor, "Lucya what the fucking shit are you doing with this?" He shrieked at me while looking at the cart.

"I'm helping Stella." I mumbled. "She can't do her work herself." He shouted.

"I'm bored I want to help her and I don't have to give you any explanation," I stated.

"Ok fine, well Mr.Guillermo is returning home" he said.

"Oh really, good for him. Why are you telling me?" I faked smile at him.

"I thought you were waiting for his arrival."

"Waiting for him. Are you kidding me. Seriously," I shook my head at him and made my way to Maximo's bedroom. Opening the room I step inside, but I stopped by the threshold when I noticed the beauty of the room. It is a high luxurious design with grey and black coloured furniture. There is a leather sofa in the side, a huge bed, a small desk in the alcove and a shelf of files.

I push the cart to his washroom since the room was neatly cleaned. I saw there are not any towels in the stands, I pull out three folded towels, four hand towels and four washcloths and placed it on the stands. My back was facing the door when I heard someone's footsteps approaching near the washroom.

"Who are you?" I heard Maximo's coarse voice. I turned to meet his gazes slowly.

I should've expected that response, but it startled me anyway. He sounded scary. Seriously scary, and he walked toward me like he mean business. He's beautiful with dark hair, a stubbled square jaw and thick-lashed eyes that bore a hole right through me.

"Lucya" he whispered. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Cleaning." I exclaimed minding my business, I started to arrange the towels again.

He stalked after me and followed me near the stands. "What are you doing in here? What do you mean by cleaning" He knocked the towels out of my hands. Stunned, I stare down at them scattered on the floor.

"I was bored Maximo, I'm trying to keep myself busy" I glanced at him. "You don't have time to give me company thus I need to find my leisure in your mansion surrounded by bodyguards." I rolled my eyes.

"There are a lot more things to do in this house, and you only found the job as a maid," he sounded serious with a cold voice.

"I wanted to help Stella, and she did not forced me for anything I wanted to do it by myself you don't have to blame her for anything."