Chapter 20

LUCYA

It have been a week since I am staying in Maximo's bedroom. Damien has back out, he thinks that Maximo loves me. So, I am having to deal with the daredevil every day. All kept on bouncing on my mind is that Maximo is a murderer and he can kill me at any second. I am having to behave normal in front of him. I don't want him to find out that I'm about to escape from here. I have already planned everything. Tomorrow they'll all leave for a mission. No one will be here and I've found out that the security will be loose. They will take half of the bodyguards with them. Then I will flee away from this mansion, not just here but away from Sicily.

Maximo believes that he has manipulated me and I will be doing everything according to his orders but no, I will do everything according to my plan. I have collected some of Maximo's rings because I need money to get out of Sicily and his diamond rings will help me out.

[...]

"Lucya, I'm leaving" he put his hands around my waist and he placed a kiss on my lips. "See you." He whispered.

"Yeah." I nodded my head. "I will be waiting for you" I mumbled, I will not be here when you'll be back.

"We need to talk when I'll be back, I have something important to tell you" he said with a serious tone and I didn't miss a single opportunity to admire him. I don't know why but I am anxious, a part of me don't want to leave Maximo but he will kill me he is the daredevil.

"Yeah. We'll have an endless conversation" I said with a smirk. "Bye, take care! Remember..." I cut him and continue his sentence "...don't step outside of the mansion because the rivals might attack on me." He half smile at me "mischievous."

"Don't worry nothing will happen to me, and if ever someone happens to me why should I be afraid!"

"Why?" He asked with stitches brows.

"I know you'll save me! After all you are protecting me, right." I exclaimed with a smirk.

"Right, bambolina."

"Ok, before leaving will you tell me what does 'bambolina' mean?" I questioned him.

"I'll tell you when I'll be back, stay patient." He said with a smirk.

"If your romance is done should we leave, Maxi?" Lea asked while standing at the threshold.

"Sure." Maximo utter then he turn around. I felt sad, because I couldn't imagine how my life will be without them. I've got use of those people, I don't know where is my next destination. What Maximo wanted to talk with me? I should ask him atleast a hint otherwise I would end up in suspense after leaving from here.

"Maxi!" I shouted from the corridor. He turned around and everyone did. "At least give me a hint, about what you need to talk with me?" I asked him. A smile appeared on his face and that was the most wonderful smile I've ever seen on his face.

"That your destination will be Sicily forever." He stated, what does he mean by that. No-no my destination is somewhere else, not Sicily.

I waited for them to leave, then I rush to Maximo's bedroom I took out a backpack from his closet then I put some of my clothes in it, all my important documents and I didn't miss to take his rings and the bracelet which he gifted me. I wear a pair of sneakers and a black anorak. I put my hair in a ponytail, walking outside from the bedroom my steps halt, I turned around "whatever this place is, I will definitely miss this world" I whispered to myself only when I felt my eyes became teary. "I need to be brave, I'm the daughter of a mafia." I made my way to the other part of the mansion.

I walk to the backyard garden, then I was about to climb on the ivy wall. But I noticed someone's shadow against the ivy wall. I turned around only to see a man with a cigar in his left hand, wearing a black hat along with a black suit he has long curled hair which is flows against his shoulder. He looks like a mafia king! I've never saw him before, wait a minute. Did Maximo sent him to murder me.

The man take out a gun from his armpits gun belt. He pointed it in front of me. "Who are are?" I asked with my trembling voice. "The one who gave you an identity." He snapped and my eyes widened I am freaked out who is this man! What does he mean why he wants to kill me.

The rattling sound made me shivered when he unlocked the gun. His eyes are teary, why he is emotional? He was about to pull the trigger, I squeezed my eyes and I felt the tears streaming down my cheeks. I heard the door opened and in a swift, the gun was shot but, when I opened my eyes I saw Maximo in front of me and the man in black hat ran away. Maximo wrapped me into his arms. "I told you not to step outside of the mansion.," He said with gritted teeth. Only when I realized he has lost his balance and he put all his weight on me. I wrapped my hand around his back, "I'm sorry Maximo" I whispered.

I felt a liquid substance on my fingers, I tried to control Maximo and I take a look at my finger all I saw the most reddish blood. I turned him, I saw that he has been shot.

"Maximo, why?" I began to cry, I noticed that he was already unconscious. "Maximo!" I scream loudly. Lea and Damien ran toward us, I was kneeling on the ground with Maximo's head on my lap. "Call the all the doctors." Damien ordered to Marco.

They bought him inside of the house.

[...]

"How did he get here?" I asked Lea. "When we left from here, he was concerned about you then he checked the camera surveillance which is connected to his phone. He noticed that you took his rings, he understood everything at that moment. I found out about your plans that you were planning to escape. He was returning at home only to tell you that he was ready to reveal the truth. But he found out that Damon was here to attack on you...after that you know what happened."

The doctors came out from Maximo's room. "How is him?" I asked them.

"Sorry..."