Chapter 16

LUCYA

We had a lot of fun, I have gone outside after a long period and it felt awesome. I felt carefree for some hours, until we returned at Maximo's mansion. But I felt wired for one thing, why Maximo told them to take me out?

It's midnight, we entered inside the house and I spot Maximo on the couch, he had his gun on his lap, his face can tell me that he just murdered someone. He was sitting like a godfather except for a cigar was missing from his hand. He had those devilish serious look in his deep intense eyes.

"I've killed him..." Maximo utter, Damien walked to him while Lea and me stands in a distance from them. Lea half smiled at me and she approached near them.

"Shit, Maxi! You've killed him, you know how difficult it would be to manipulate D....," Lea paused with her eyes squeezed, then she continued "you wouldn't be able to manipulate your rivals anymore, he was our last hope Maxi..." Lea seemed to lost all her faith.

"I'm afraid he might hurt, L...." Maximo startled with his last word, but he didn't continue. He gazes at me with the same grievous pain which I saw in his eyes that night. I can say that he is afraid of losing someone again! Who? Was he saying my name?

"STELLA!" He shouted, she came in immediately. "Take Lucya to her bedroom!" He ordered and I meet his gazes while making small steps. What are you hiding Maximo?

MAXIMO

I told Stella to take Lucya to her bedroom. I know she is confused, I can't tell her, she would be more broken if she finds out her father has turned to be a criminal! She doesn't deserve this world. Not this vicious one, she needs a place of fairytales!

"Maxi..." Lea mumble, I get back to the conversation.

"We need to protect Lucya. We shouldn't let her alone for a second, her life is in danger. When Damon would find out that I've murdered his son, he will try to do anything to broke into our house for Lucya! He will manipulate her and turned us into criminal toward Lucya's perspective. But we'll not let that happen. We need to change the game, we will wait for Damon to come out from his hell. We'll seek our revenge, when he will be here to rescue Lucya." I stated.

"Don't let Lucya find anything about our plan." They both nodded at me.

"That's mean Lucya is that precious gem who would make a way for our revenge."

LUCYA

"Stella, leave me." I ordered her before stepping inside my bedroom. "Don't stop me Stella, I need to find the truth!" She smiled at me and she left me alone. I walked back toward the living room.

"That's mean Lucya is that precious gem who would make a way for our revenge!" I heard Damien's voice. My eyes widened, they are playing a game with me! I should stay alert with their actions. Especially with Maximo, because it is difficult to understand him.

***

It have been one week since I'm avoiding Maximo. I haven't talked to him and he is busy with his works too. But I am manipulating Damien, he is the only one with whom I can get a hint.

Damien is staying in my bedroom every day he is sleeping on the couch. Maximo has given him orders to protect me for twenty four hours and that shit really sucks! But Damien is nice, he has never been rude with me. Even I know him for the past two years, he was always protective toward me. He has never made a difference between Lea and me. As they were never dating so he considered both of us the same.

I know they are extremely busy for their next mission that's why I prefer to leave them alone. I don't disturb them, I'm always away from them.

As usual I walk toward the other part of the mansion where no one roam around. I really appreciate that place. Especially the backyard garden, I opened the door which leads to the garden. Damn! For my own astonishment I saw Maximo was sitting, he is alone. Should I walk forward or backward? Oops, he has already noticed me! I can't step back otherwise he will think that I am afraid of him-but I'm not. I walked in, "this is my place." I utter while pacing in front of him.

"This is my house!" He exclaimed with a smirk. ,"what are you doing here - alone?" I asked with stitches brows. "I wanted to sit here, away from everyone!" He mumble with a serious tone.

He looks broken "should I leave?" I said but it sounded more like a whisper.

"No, have a seat." He commended while pointing his hand on the chair in front of him. I seated and I rested my hand on the table.

"How's you doing with Damien?" He questioned, I got confused with his words, what does that mean? Oh, he thinks that I have a relation with Damien...let's get on it, I should fool him.

"Yeah! Everything is perfect, happily ever after..." I try hard to hold my laugh to escape from my mouth.

He shrugs "great." He looks puzzled as if he is trying to make out something. How can he be so handsome and this man is known as the Godfather.

"Stay happy" he half smiled at me, but I can simply identify his anger behind his smile. He can hide anything from the world but not with me!

"Jealous." I exclaimed with a smirk.

"In your dreams." He sounded cold, suddenly his behaviour changed completely and all I can see is a high tempered Maximo with his clenches jaw. He meet my gazes a expressionless face. Our eyes were locked for what feels like hours but a voice interrupt us. My eyes landed on Damien who is wearing a black suit.

"I'm about to leave." He told Maximo with his hands on my shoulders, he stands behind me. He leaned closer to me with his hands on my shoulders, "bye, see you in the evening," he whispered in my ears. My eyes are glued on Maximo, he got the real look of a mafia godfather with his clenched jaw and those angered eyes. Damien let go of my shoulders, then he walked to Maximo.

"Bring back some information." Maximo added with his cold voice. "Don't worry, I'll try my best." Damien said with a half smile then he left.

About which information they were talking about?