Chapter 12

LUCYA

Does he think that I am a fool to him. He thought that I would not realise that he was talking about his foe the Russian mafia, and he said that my father was his boss! He is freaking lying with me! He has kidnapped me Trinidad was just a simple mafia man I've read his documents. Trinidad is not a mafia boss, my father was a simple man. Maximo has lied to me, and he is using me against his mission. Does he know something about my biological father?

I will do anything to find out the truth. I know it is not easy to find the truth but Maximo feels powerless around me, I will use his weakness to get my answers.

Maximo doesn't leave any hint of his secrets, this is damn complicated for me to find out. But I will not fall for his games.

I was sitting in the living room with Maximo's laptop on my lap, I saw Maximo walking toward the main door. "Hey" I stopped him.

"Where are you going?" He halt in his steps, turning toward me, he half smile.

"I have to deal with someone." He added with a smirk.

"You said you would bring me along with you! It was my father's order, right?" I asked him with an innocent face.

"Sorry bambolina, next time. I'm already late." He stated while opening the door. I know he is lying again, I can't step out of this house! How I will find out what is happening? What is his plan?

Where is my father? Did he kidnap him?

MAXIMO

"Do you want to get your daughter's dead body, or you'll release Damien!" I said through the phone. I am standing in front of Damon's mansion. I know exactly that he will not step outside.

"I know you can't kill Lucya." He shrieked onto the phone.

"If I'm ready to kill a pervert like you then your daughter is nothing in front of you. If this is your decision then you'll get her body by this night. Kidnapping Damien will not help! Step outside from your mansion!" He remained quiet.

"Are you afraid? You know exactly that I will kill you at my first sight. Come on be a real mafia king! Let's talk face to face."

"I'm ready to free Damien but don't harm my daughter!" He shouted as if I'm scared of him. Five men came outside along with Damien.

"Let me drop a gift for you!" I said through the phone while I take out my gun from my back belt, and I shoot all the five men.

"Guillermo! My youngest son was among them! How dare you to attack on him?" He cry in tears.

"If you try to act smart I will murder your daughter, I know you've sent them to attack on us! Next time send fifty-five men, not five only. I'm not a fool, Damien knows how to walk till outside he did not need a guide Damon."

LUCYA

I was laying on my bed, when I hear some foot steps. I rush to the corridor instantly and I saw Maximo. I hug him immediately. "Hey, are you okay?" He stroke my hair with his fingers and his other hand is wrapped around me. "I was feeling, scared" I whispered. "Why, something happened?" He muttered with concerns. "No, I don't know, all of a sudden I felt wired maybe it's because of what I saw on that night." I mumble with my face buried in his strong chest. He shush me "you need to be braved Lucya that's why I had brought you with me," he whispered while caressing my head.

"I know Maximo...but I'm afraid of staying alone"

"You can sleep in my bedroom. You will not let you feel lonely" he added and I nodded my head. He lead me to his bedroom. He made me seat on his bed, "how is my father? Did you talk to him?" I startled, he took of his jacket then he removed the gun from his back belt.

Looking at me he nodded his head,"yeah, I'll be back" he walked inside the washroom. I walk around his room to find if I'll found any evidence about my father, I grab his jacket which he removed some minutes ago. I searched the pockets, a small box drop into my hand. Opening it I saw a diamond ring. "Maximo is in love." How? Who's the girl. I put back the ring in his suit.

I heard the water goes off, I immediately rush to the bed. If he loves someone then it will not be pleasant if I'll remain in his bedroom.

"Are you still afraid?" He gave me a look full of concerns. "Maximo, I think I should return to my bedroom" I mumbled while flinging my fingers.

"Why, is there any problem with the room?" He raises his brows. "No, I'm fi-ine now" I startled, I avoided his gazes. Staring at the floor I heard the door shut, my eyes landed on Maximo,"you are staying here, no more arguments." He commended, I nodded my head in response. He got next to me, "the bed is quite huge, so maintain your distance" I told him with a half smile.

I turn my head the other way to avoid facing Maximo. My eyes are opened I witnessed the darkness, the lights are off. I got a horrifying hypothesis, what should I do further everything seems to be daunted. I don't know how is my father, and who is my real father. But I know that Maximo is using me against my fathers. He knows both of them and here I am stuck between finding the truth and bearing Maximo's lie. I didn't realise I was crying until I snivel, I can feel the grievous pain.

"Why are you crying?" I heard Maximo's cold voice, I didn't give him any explanation of my sadness.

"Whatever I am doing is to protect you. I'm not wrong, and I would not harm just be brave for some months until I'll release you from this world" he utter, I turn my face to my shoulders, and I saw him through the dim light like the moonlight. He is watching the ceiling with his hand below his head.

His attributes doesn't seem like he is a criminal. I have never seen this side of him, he looks to be drawn in a world of sadness. I know he is also hiding his grieves. Maximo may be the Godfather for the world but for me he is an ordinary man who is struggling with something deep. He must be badly wounded from inside. Yes, I can deny that he is dangerous, he is but when he is alone he has a different personality. He is not the Maximo who roam around with a pistol and attack on anyone. He has a mysterious past!

"What are you looking for?" He mumble while turning his head to my side.

"At your broken grieves" I whispered with my teary eyes along with a smile. Suddenly, his reaction changed to indignation with his cold appearance again[...]

He lifted his back, and he leaned by the head board. He crossed his hands against his chest. "When I was a kid, while learning my first alphabet, I was being teach of how to knock down a person to pieces. My daily lullaby was the story of the great crime families. My first toy was the gun, before learning how to write a letter, I was learned how to bring my aim to its target. My parents taught me how to handle responsibilities, and how I should respect my family. Now when it's time to show my talent which my parents gave me, I can't step back, I will seek my revenge at any cost!" He stated, I didn't interrupt him, maybe he needed someone to share his grieves with...

"What revenge? Is it about your parents?" I whispered, he meet my gazes.

"I think you know what it takes to lose one of your family members?" He mutter with a glint of sadness.

"Maximo, I know you have buried a bundle of secrets, but I don't know why I want to support you in this mission, I know I can't grab a gun like a pencil! But still I want to stand by your side" I know everything is pointing toward Maximo, but as a human being I think his grieves are (deeply) than anything. At least he can feel better.

"Don't give me the opportunity to hate you." He murmur with his eyes closed, "otherwise I would never be able to forgive myself, again." He whispered in his sleep.

"Again?" What is he talking about? To whom he had lost?