Chapter 13

MAXIMO

I Woke up with Lucya's head on my arm, a smile appeared on my face, last night she warned me to maintain my distance, and she couldn't obey her own orders, interesting. She has no idea what she is doing to me. But there is a thing about her which makes me remember about...forget it. I snatched my arm roughly which made her gasp, she frowned before opening her eyes.

I stand up from the bed, "what is wrong with you?" She shouted while rubbing her head. I think I've just harmed her with my arm. "Learn to maintain your distance." I ordered then I walked to the washroom. I can't fall in love again. Not with Lucya, she is too innocent to be mine.

Last time I did a huge mistake. I still curse myself for it. I don't want to repeat the same thing again.

Damien has informed me that tomorrow the Doeven's will attack on us! I will have to hide Lucya, she should not step outside the mansion. We need to stay alert, I can't let anything happen like the last time. The Doeven's have already snatched half of my happiness! This time I will kill Damon's son. I know Damon will not show up, I need him in person for that, I will have to kidnap his son.

I will have to manipulate Lucya, she needs to accept the fact that the Doeven's are wrong. Because tomorrow anything can happen, she can find out the truth too. I'll try to hide it but what if it reveals. It will be the greatest battle of my life and I don't want any mistakes. Lucya is my weapon.

LUCYA

I seated beside Maximo who was having breakfast. The butler served me my plate. Marco was sitting in front of me. Maximo seems to be furious, I don't know what happened to him in the morning. Last night he was alright, he did talk to me well but his attitudes change all of a sudden. He looks dashing this morning, he has a fresh look, maybe it is because he is sleeping regularly.

"You are so handsome, today any special reason behind it?" I stated teasingly. Both Marco and Maximo gazes at me. Marco looked at Maximo and he continued his breakfast.

"Marco, such a bad manner." I exclaimed, he lifted his head with a confused look. "What?" He asked me.

"I've just gave you a compliment!" I winked at him with a smirk, and he got aware that I am talking about Maximo.

"Oh, Thank you, princess." He smiled at me, Maximo gazes at both of us with clenched jaw.

"No arguments while eating." He exclaimed with gritted teeth. My sweet beast, for how long you will be furious with me, you will have to talk to me again and I will keep on annoying you.

Maximo raised his finger, and he signalled Marco something, Marco stood up while taking his phone then he left from the dining table.

"What is your problem?" He shouted with gritted teeth with his hands on the table. I gaze at him for a second, "what is your problem?" I added with a frown.

"Lucya! Do you trust me?" He mumble under his breath, I look at him bewilderedly. Why he is asking me this?

"Yes I do," I responded unknowingly, whatever happens but I can't hate him, there is something special about him. He remains quieted, we carried on with our breakfast.

[...]

I went to Maximo's bedroom because I needed his laptop, and I think he was using it. Walking past the corridor I oened his door without knocking it. He was talking on the phone, he gave me a wild glance, and he began to talk in Italian. He hang up the call, and he threw his phone on his bed.

"Can't you knock?" He exclaimed with gritted teeth.

"Oops...I forgot to," I half smile, but he pinned by back on the wall. "Can't you apologise?" He jeered. I shook my head to no.

"Forgot it...why do you trust me?" He raised the question again.

"You care about me and I don't think you can hurt me" I babbled with my heart racing in between of him. He has completely captured me to his grip.

"You have no idea what's going on in my mind!" He analyse my fear while running his fingers on my cheek. "What's going on..." I whispered. "I want to rip everything's which you are wearing!" He whispered near my ear which made me shivered, and I whispered a no.

My eyes widen and I try to jerk away, but he holds me fast, and goes on like I didn't react. "I wouldn't have missed that encounter for all the world." His lips descend on mine, firm, and demanding.

A wave of lust rolls over me. I melt into him, parting my lips, allowing his tongue to sweep into my mouth. Heat explodes in every cell of my body.

He pulls away, nostrils flaring. "As sweet as I imagined." He licks his lips, as if tasting me. "That I regretted. Not tasting you."

I lick my lips, too. "I didn't say you could kiss me." The breathy quality of my voice belies my reaction.

He gives a harsh laugh. "No, you didn't. I stole that kiss." His features harden. "That's why you shouldn't have come here. You stick around here, piccolina, and I'm going to make you sorry. Probably make us both sorry." He steps back, and surveys me. "Or maybe not. I might just take what I want without apology."

My pulse skitters. And damn, if his warning doesn't make me want to offer myself up to him on a silver platter.

He straightens his jacket and walks toward the door. "So, I'm going to leave, amore. You do your thing here." He stops at the door and turns back to face me. "And you'd better think about what you want to tell me next time. Make up your mind. Yes or no. And I'll make up mine. But I'm warning you, bambi-you have even a little bit of yes mixed in with your no, I'm going to mow you down to the ground." He pointed a warning finger at me. "Believe it."

"Was it love or revenge?" I questioned him before he stepped outside the threshold. "Think about is yourself, you are have a lot of time to think." He smirked before leaving.

I'm sure he is trying to manipulate me, but for what? He is serious about it, Maximo doesn't seem to be serious in love. He is definitely up for something.