Chapter 11

LUCYA

Now I've realised how much Maximo cares for me. Yesterday was the first time that he had shown concerns toward me. I had never seen this side of him, he can be cruel, but I must admit that he is actually very caring also. Moreover, I didn't expect him to kiss me. Last night that woman had almost killed Maximo, I knew nothing would've happened to him, but still I was extremely scared at that time. I can barely remember how I've separated him from being shot.

"Good morning Lucya," Stella rolled her cart inside my bedroom.

"Hey" I waved at her with a smile.

"Last night I saw how Mr. Guillermo was concerned about you" she said while taking out some towels from the cart.

"Yeah, even I am confused of his reaction" I mumbled.

"Lucya, just give him the opportunity to fall for you, maybe he can smile a little. He is a nice person but the circumstances makes him feel like an evil. At least try to be his friend," Stella added with a half smile.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because since you came here Mr. Guillermo has remembered that he has a mansion to handle, a room to sleep, and a backyard which he had never visited before!" She remains quieted for a moment then she spoke up again "Mr. Guillermo used to care about this place, but everything changed since the day he lost his parents, and he was the only one who needed to handle everything. Before you came here there was a time when he used to come at home only one time per month. He used to suffer from insomnia, but since you've shown up, he has been sleeping every night. He has begun to eat at home. He spend most of his time here and all those miracles are pointing toward you Lucya. You've changed him."

Oh my god, I can't believe about what I've heard. He is behaving normal because of me. What I should do for him? What does he want for me?

"How can you sound promising that he is a nice person?"

"Some years ago, I was completely lost in this area, I had lost my family who used to work for the Guillermo's. Then I got a support again when Mr. Guillermo told me to work at his place. He has never made me feel uncomfortable, he always cared about everything for me. But I should say that be is more like a brother for me, who has supported me during my worst days... Lucya I'm telling you this because I know somehow you feel something toward him"

I was misunderstanding him, he is really a perfect person. Maybe Stella is right, I should try to talk with him for once! If he can change from my presence then I reassure that I won't let him feel down until I'm staying here. I will try to console him for every second.

"Thank you for telling me this, I'll think about it" I respond.

"Ms. Doeven, Mr. Guillermo is calling you in the garden!" Marco commanded, he stands by the door and waited for my answer.

"Which garden?" I questioned because I think the house is surrounded by gardens!

"The backyard one."

"Sure, I'm coming" I stand up and made my way toward the garden. Why he called me, there must be something important for sure.

MAXIMO'S POV

I told Marco to bring Lucya in the garden. I need to talk to her of what happened yesterday. I've kissed her and I just hope she is not guilty about it. I don't know why I'm feeling sorry about it. I've never felt this before, especially toward any girls. I don't know why I'm behaving like a gentleman which I'm not. I feel retrieved from every situation since Lucya is staying in this mansion.