5. Who Hired This Trash?

"Acute subdural haematoma."

Carina cursed under her breath as she looked at the reports of the patient. And by the looks of it, he was in serious condition. There was internal bleeing in his brain, which needed to be stopped right now.

"Tell me about it." The nurse standing in front of her replied.

"What exactly happened?" Carina asked the nurse as she walked towards her cabin.

"The boy fell into the river and his head collided with the huge rock inside the water."

Carina froze in her spot, letting the words sink in.

Was he trying to learn diving in the river or something?

"His lungs?" She enquired.

If he fell in the river, water must have definately filled in his lungs.

"Acute respiratory impairment." Nurse answered. "It's been taken care of, though, it's the internal bleeding which we are worried about."

Carina nodded. "Prepare the OT." She said and walked towards her cabin. "I'll be there in two minutes."

The nursed nodded and excused herself, walking away to prepare for the surgery.

Carina took a deep breath and her eyes grew sharp and determined. Automatically  she shifted in her doctor mode.

"Time to go to work." She raised her head and wispered to herself.

______________________________

Half an hour later, in Carina's cabin.

"Don't you have work to do Junwoo?" Wasn't he an intern? Carina thought. How come he had so much of free time to kill?

"Did you take care of that emergency? Did that went well?" Junwoo asked her.

"That, it did." Carina nodded. "The surgery couldn't have gone better. But stop trying to change the topic. What are you doing here?"

"I actually injured my h-" Carina grabbed a book sitting on her table and threw it.

Right at Junwoo's face.

A groan escaped from his mouth as he rubbed his head.

"Say that again. I dare you. I freaking dare you." She threatened him.

He didn't.

He just peered down at her,  incredulous, as if he couldn't belive what just happened.

"You threw a book at me."

"That's right." Carina replied curtly. "And it would be this flower vase next."

Junwoo blinked as he stared at her. This was the first time any woman threw something at him. Not even his sunbae behaved like that.

A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he stared her in wonder. Not being able to understand the woman sitting in front of her.

"If you stare any longer, you might fall in love with me." She says drily and crossed her hands.

"I think I already am." He replies, still in trance.

There he goes.

Carina thought as she grew irked. "You really are asking for a beating!" She enuciated and grabbed the flower vase.

"Hey, put that vase down! I was just joking! First that book and now vase... why do you always resort to voilence?"

Junwoo raised his hands in surrender, his eyes never leaving the sight of vase.