9. Mi-ri Is One Of A Kind

After hearing Carina's statement, Mi-ri suddenly had 'what the hell is wrong with this girl look' on her face.

"You." She said, pointing her finger to the woman, "are going to help her?" Her hand motioned towards the door. "The woman whom you just threw out of that door a while ago? Just what the hell is going on in your head?"

"Why are you making it sound like the sun has risen from the west?" Carina asked her crossly.

"With how things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if it does rises from west tommorow." Mi-ri replied in horror.

"Wait, both of you." Vincenzo turned to Carina, gazing her wide eyed. "You threw her out of the ward?" Vincenzo inquired.

Carina thought for a moment, about how would he react, but then her brain decided to hell with his reaction, she didn't care right now. So she unhesitatingly nodded at his question. "She was getting on my nerves. So I threw her out of the ward."

Vincenzo looked at her helplessly.

"You should have seen her when she dragged her out." Mi-ri told him and grabbed Carina's shoulders. "That scene was worth making video of."

"Did you?" Carina asked her with a newfound excitement.

"Unfortunately, no. I had frozen at my spot due to the shock."

Carina slumped down in disappointment.

"Aww, don't be like that." Mi-ri squeezed her shoulders. "I promise I'll record it next time you throw her out."

That made Carina smile.

"Don't encourage her." Vincenzo massaged his forehead tiredly in disapproval.

Both women chuckled at that.

"Maybe," Mi-ri replied before looking over Carina and gave her a wink, making her smile even wider.

"I realise how much of bad influence you are to her." Vincenzo said, observing their interaction.

Despite his initial wariness towards their friendship, he could see that Carina genuinely cared for Mi-ri from the bottom of her heart.

And he didn't detect any malicious intent from Mi-ri as well.

So he made the decision of just observing Mi-ri for the time being.

Even though Carina had an easy going nature, Vincenzo wouldn't term her as social butterfly. Her friend circle was very small, even in Italy. She chose to form more intimate relationships, which was why she would end up getting double hurt if Mi-ri tried something funny.

"By the way, I am very hungry. Wanna grab something from canteen?" Mi-ri asked.

Vincenzo nodded at the mention of food. He had nothing but few sips of water ever since he woke up. He was starving.

"Same here." He said, fumbling his drip attached to his hand. "And that reminds me, I have some work to do."

"Wait" Mi-ri exclaimed, holding her hams up. "I'll just bring the food here. You should stay here."

"It's not about food." He paused and told her. "I need to pay my respects to Cha-Young's father."

Mi-ri pursed her lips, her gaze filled with disapproval, she turned to Carina for help.

Carina too, was looking at him in disapproval. She was clearly against the idea of him leaving right now.

"Please.." Vincenzo pleaded when saw the look on her face,  furrowing his brows. "It's been ten days...I have some work to do."