10. Interrogation

The first thing Vincenzo did after getting out of the hospital was paying his respects to Laywer Hong Yoo-Chan.

It would have been better had Cha-Young would have been there with them, but. . . . then again, well, she was not.

Tremours ran throught Carina's entire body when she thought about that night.

Had she and Cha-Young not reached there on time, he wouldn't have survived either.

Jang Han-seo.

All of this was happening because of him.

The illegal takeover of the plaza, drugs, this accident, everything was happening because of him.

But not for long.

She was determined to wipe his face from the world.

"Hey Kit-Kat, you are coming with us to the plaza." Mi-ri told her.

"What? Why?" Carina asked.

Mi-ri pursed her lips and signaled towards Vincenzo with her eyes. ". . .I'm worried about your safety. Umm. . . Yeah! The people of Babel group must have found out who treated Vincenzo. . . they might try to harm you . . .! So just come with us! Okay?"

Carina tried not to laugh at Mi-ri. She was really trying her best to make her spend more time with Vincenzo.

Vincenzo didn't have any complaints with this arrangements either. He told Carina she could crash at his apartment any time she wanted.

So that's why she ended up heading to the building with them.

The first thing they noticed was the people had clustered around the entrance of the Jipuragi Law firm. All of them seemed to be having conversation on some serious matter.

Carina saw few familiar faces among them. Mi-ri had introduced them to her at the party that day. The one with blue headwear, whom Carina termed as Mr. Martial Artist.

Mrs. Violent mother and Mr. Zombie dancer were there as well.

"Look who is back!" Mi-ri yelled at them happily, effectively grabbing their attention.

Everyone turned their heads in their direction. Their eyes instantly settled on Vincenzo.

A man with thick black rimmed glasses sighed in relief as he watched Vincenzo walk over to them. "You are back." He clapped once in gratification and nodded at him.

"Mr Cassano." The monk standing nearby bowed to him as they approached closer. Carina was mildly surprised when she saw his face clearly.

He was far too young to be a monk.

The monk also gave her a lingering glace as be raised his brows up, clearly curious about the new company. But he didn't question her presence. He just nodded at her in the form of greeting.

Carina nodded back and smiled. "You seem quite young to be a monk." She said to him.

He smiled and nodded in return, but didn't answer her question.

"Daisy, it's good to see you again." Larry, aka Mr. Zombie dancer smiled at her.

"Likewise." Carina gave him a bright smile and nodded at him in return.

Vincenzo nodded at them in greeting and excused himself, motioning Carina to follow him. But the woman who had introduced herself as Hee-so to Carina at the party before slipped in front of him, effectively blocking his path.

"I was so worried." She told him and and gave him a smile that looked very forceful.

Carina frowned.