16. Argument

Carina took a soft intake of breath, gradually releasing it, her eyes closed.

Now that he was standing right in front of her, she didn't know what to say to him.

"Hello, you guys!" Mi-ri called out in her place in cheerful voice, happy that her plan had worked. "Small world, isn't it? We didn't expect to run into you guys either."

"Small world indeed." Junwoo nodded in agreement happily. "It's nice to see you in good shape Sunbae!" He told Cha-Young. "Why don't you guys join us?" He offered them seats at their table.

But neither of them made a move to have seats. Cha-Young shot an aggravating glance at Carina's way -which she replied with her own murderous one- before immediately rejecting his offer. "No, thanks. We have some business to do today. We just stopped by to say hello."

Vincenzo, meanwhile didn't say anything. He didn't deny Cha-Young's words which, to be honest, made Carina little irked.

Just a little bit.

Alright, alright, it irked her, a lot.

True, he didn't agree with what Cha-Young said, but then again, he didn't take seat on the table on Junwoo's invitation either.

All he was doing was giving Carina a long, hard stare as though he was gazing into her, to her inner deapths of her soul.

It was kind of making her uncomfortable.

She shifted on her seat and looked away, trying to avoid his gaze. She feeling that was bubbling inside her made her feel like she had been caught red-handed while stealing.

Wait. What?

Why am thinking like that? She asked herself. It's not like I did something wrong or something.

She then snuck a peek at him once more and met his gaze, which were still on her. Hastly, she avoided them, an unreasonable anger building inside her.

No! Jerk! He is trying to make me feel guilty when I am the one who should be mad. Insensitive Braindead!

Her temper rose.

And why should I say anything to him when he hasn't said anything to her either? Hmph. No way! No!

The more she thought, the more angry she became.

"Let's go, Vincenzo." Cha-Young pushed. "We don't have time for all this."

Carina became even more grumphy at her statement. She lifted her chin and looked in another direction, as if they were not worth her time.

He can go if he wants to. I am not going to stop him. I definately won't!

"Alright then." She huffed, struggling to keep her head cool. Because her scale of anger was rising up as each second passed. "Seeing as you guys are so busy, we won't stop you guys from doing your work. See you guys later then." She told them as she picked up the menu in front of her.

Vincenzo's brows furrowed at her attitude.

Junwoo nodded and agreed with Carina, having no problems with it.

Mi-ri on the other hand was watching this scene in amusement. She had an attitude of true spectator.

Cha-Young was beyond happy at what Carina said, as she was most eager to leave. She smiled and looked expectantly at Vincenzo, but her smile dropped the very next second.

Because Vincenzo was now glaring at Carina, who had decided to ignore them and focused on menu she had picked up earlier. She allowed her eyes to rake across all the dishes and beverages, making it seem like she had already zoned everyone out.