Chapter 5: The Truth Finally Comes Out

(This chapter will take place from both Y/N's and Jill's POV.)

Y/N POV

Dragging an unconscious Chris through the mansion and its grounds was definitely not something I had prepared to do today. But soon enough we arrived at the 'hidden' entrance to the Laboratory.

It would seem Albert was right, someone had already made it here and opened up the passage way, if it was Jill then my timing would have to be quick.

I picked up my pace and dragged Chris along to a holding cell, after locking him inside, I instantly went to find Albert I eventually tracked him down into a large room with several test tubes. Albert himself was stood at a computer, typing away at it.

I got his attention by saying "Albert." He turned around to look at me briefly before turning back to the computer and saying in his usual cold voice "Ah Y/N, what've you done with Chris?" I responded "He's in a holding cell. Do with him what you wish."

Albert smirked and said "You're doing well Y/N. Though I have one final task for you." I tilted my head before asking "What is it?" He answered "Both Jill and Barry are right here in this laboratory, Barry let's just say is under our control."

Now I was confused as I asked "What do you mean?" Albert turned to look at me and spoke in that same tone "I told him that Umbrella has kidnapped his wife and daughters, I also informed him that they would be killed if he didn't do everything I told him."

I nodded slowly saying "Fair enough." I will admit, I didn't agree with ALL of Albert's methods, but I didn't dare go against him, he was in charge after all. That's how it had always been. I asked "Then what is my task?"

Albert answered "I want you to meet up with Jill, much like you did with Chris, I want you to bring both her to this very room. I have something I wish to show her first." He glanced to the test tube closest to him and I couldn't clearly see what was inside it, just a shadowy outline of a large hulking figure.

Turning back to Albert I asked "And what about Barry?" To this, Albert responded "Once Jill is out of the way, we'll deal with Barry, after all, he has outlived his usefulness by now." Again, I just nodded but didn't say anything, this was another instance of me disagreeing with Albert's plan but not being able to say anything. 

Instead, I just calmly said "Okay, do you know where she is?" Albert turned back to the computer and said "All I know is that she's entered the laboratory and maybe even encountered Chris as we speak." One final time I nodded and walked out of the room without another word.

Jill POV

I approached an old projector on a table. Earlier I had found a disc that at first I just took as a precaution. However when I inserted the disk into the machine, I received quite a shock.

Apparently the video was about the T-Virus which I could only assume was responsible for all the strange happenings around here, as well as being responsible for the deaths of S.T.A.R.S' Bravo Team!

Various pictures showed up of creatures which I had encountered within the mansion itself. Accompanying these images were the names. Apparently the lizard-like creatures where 'Hunters' while the strange dogs were called 'Cerberuses' It also mentioned a creature named 'Tyrant' however there was no clear pictures to display whatever that horrid thing could look like. Though all this paled in comparison to what I came across next.

The video ended with a single photo showing five people, four men and one woman, all of them wore lab coats. Below the photo was a single sentence which explained everything.

'Bio Organic Weapons Research - Development Staff'

My attention instantly turned to the scientist on the right. My eyes widened in horror upon my realization, in the photo on the screen in front of me, was WESKER! A part of me didn't want to believe it but then I thought back to something earlier.

When I found Enrico, he warned me of a pair of traitors within S.T.A.R.S before he was suddenly shot by a previously unknown assailant. Looking back, it all made sense, Wesker must  have been the traitor in question, and it didn't take a genius to figure out who the other was...

Author's Note: That's it for chapter 5 in the next chapter Jill will find out the truth about Wesker and Y/N. I'd really like to apologize for how short and underwhelming this chapter is, I was planning to upload it this morning but something came up and I couldn't. I've also been really stressed today. Regardless, I hope you enjoyed this chapter nonetheless and I hope the next one is better. And as always, thank you for reading.