Chapter 68: Arrival at the Wossek

(I'm sorry for not uploading yesterday, I was feeling really exhausted, sorry for any inconvenience there. I should also mention that much like the previous segment, this one has taken a bit to actually get the plot going however we should only have two chapters left until then, I hope you enjoy what's to come and I hope you enjoy this chapter as well, sorry if it's a bit short.)

Y/N POV

I followed close behind Pedro and Gabe. I'll admit, they weren't like the usual people I would surround myself with as you already know. But I guess with the situation being as it was, I couldn't be too picky. They may still prove to be useful to me.

Pedro's flashlight guided us through the dark forest, surprisingly enough, we didn't come across any more Afflicted for the time being which was a bonus as I didn't want to waste any more time on the likes of them than I needed to.

As we continued through the forest, Gabe turned back to give me a sideways look before asking "So Y/N? What's your story? How did you even get in a place like this?" For a moment I thought of an answer, of course I couldn't tell them the truth.

Eventually I said "I was staying in a hotel when I was suddenly ambushed by a group of soldiers, one of them must have shot a dart into my neck because the next thing I knew, I was here." Pedro then exclaimed "Wait, soldiers?! They might have been the same ones who brought us here!"

I nodded and said "Your friend Gina suggested a similar idea-" Gabe instantly cut me off asking "Gina? You met her? Is she alright?!" I shrugged and said "I don't know, we got separated, I don't know what happened to her." 

Pedro made a joking comment, saying "So how come you're already armed to the teeth, it took us a while to find weapons." Again, my best bet was to lie to them and simply say "Well, much like you I just found these guns, I awoke in some sort of abandoned prison, though I escaped and made my way into this forest where I found you guys."

Both Gabe and Pedro nodded and after that we fell into silence and instead just focused purely on finding a way out of the forest. Which eventually of course we did. We soon exited the forest and began making our way across some grassland in the night, with just the flashlight as our guide.

And after what seemed like an eternity of just walking, we all arrived at what seemed like some sort of old town. We walked through it and eventually we reached what I believed to be an old, abandoned pub or bar in the centre of the town.

Gabe instructed "Yo Fernandez, check it." Pedro shined his light towards the pub's sign and sure enough, despite it being heavily rusted, we saw the word 'Wossek' spelt across it. He asked us "Is this the place? The Vassit? Whatever."

Analysing his bracelet, Gabe responded "Yeah, 'where life begins'." I will admit, I was a little disappointed  that this 'Wossek' Alex mentioned was just some only bar. Though again, I suppose she had her reasons that she wasn't telling us.

I entered first, handgun drawn however I found no one. I signalled Pedro and Gabe to follow me. Pedro instantly approached a table and placed down what appeared to be another bracelet only this one was covered in blood.

Gabe asked "Is that Thompson's?" To which Pedro responded "Yeah, I'll be examining this." I looked at them and asked "Thompson?" To this Gabe explained "Yeah, he was with us, but he didn't make it. We got his bracelet though."

I nodded before saying "Very well. I'll have a look around, see if there's anything in this village that can help us." Gabe nodded and said "We'll hold this place until then. Good luck." Nodding, I headed back out of the door.

I searched the town, rounding up some supplies including ammo and herbs. I even came across a helicopter which caused me to grin and mutter "Well, this could come in handy." Finding nothing else of use, I decided to head back towards the Wossek bar with my findings.

As I approached the door though, I began hearing the sound of voices, voices which clearly weren't Pedro and Gabe. Also the lights were on despite clearly being off before. Nevertheless, I opened the door and began speaking "Hey guys, I found some things, don't know if-."

I cut myself off when I looked up and saw an all too familiar face standing there. The woman turned to face me and upon doing so, her face held an equal amount of shock as she exclaimed in a voice of pure terror.

"Y/N?!"

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, like I said before, we only have two more before the main plot of this segment REALLY gets started so I really hope you enjoy what's to come. I also hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.