Chapter 95: Arrival in China, the BSAA's return

Y/N POV

Getting to China was actually more difficult than it sounds. With the whole scenario involving this Ada doppelganger, it wasn't safe for us to just take your conventional passenger airplane and neither of us had access to a private plane either.

With everything that was happening at the moment, discretion was our greatest option and it was because of this, that we instead decided to take a boat and instantly upon our arrival in the Chinese city of Lanshiang, we fled the scene, preventing anyone from identifying us with the boat.

As soon as we were far enough away from the boat, we instantly began making our way into the city structures and it was here that we  knew we had found the sight of the next Bioterrorist attack as we were instantly swarmed by a horde of zombies.

I opened fire, shooting down about three of them before Ada warned me "There's too many of them, we need to find a way around!" I didn't argue and began looking around for an alternative route.

I found it in the form of a street light, conveniently hanging just over the group of B.O.Ws. I turned to Ada, pointed at the light and said "There." Seeing the light as well, she smirked and we both raised our Hookshots.

Firing them, the hooks latched around the lamp and we propelled ourselves upwards, over the undead horde and successfully landing behind them. We took off running down the alley, the zombies tried following however we easily outran them and eventually lost them down a series of more alleys.

Once we were away from the zombies. Ada instantly turned to me and said "So, seems my little clone managed to beat us here. What now?" I held up my communicator and explained "I suggest we split up for now. I have a meeting with our little friend and she insisted I come alone."

Ada nodded and said "I see. But think about it Y/N, why would she want to meet you? It's clear she was trying to manipulate you into thinking she was me before now. What's to say this isn't some kind of elaborate scheme."

I answered "I have no doubt that it's a scheme on her end. But at this point, the opportunity to finally get answers is too great to pass up at this point. Perhaps it would be better if we used these communicators to contact one another if anything comes up."

Ada agreed and we both went about reconfiguring the blue cubes so that instead of us just being able contact that clone, we would be able to keep in touch with one another. In a situation like this, it would definitely  be useful.

Once that had been sorted, me and Ada shared one last look with one another before she simply extended her hand out in front of her and said "Good luck." I took it and gave it a firm shake as I replied "Same to you."

With that sorted, we finally parted ways. Perhaps it was a mistake to do so, but given the situation, it was best for us to get as much information on what exactly was happening, even if I had to play on this doppelganger's terms.

In fact, it actually DID turn out to be the right move. Because it didn't take me long to exit the small network of alleys near the dock and at last enter the city itself! And it was here that things took an interesting turn.

As I was just about to walk out onto a street, I heard voices, clearly it wasn't zombies however nevertheless, I took things easy and slowly began to peer around. I will admit, I was somewhat surprised when I instantly recognized the two voices as those of BSAA soldiers!

Image of a BSAA Soldier:

I instantly facepalmed and muttered to myself "The BSAA?! Of COURSE they would be here! Damn it!" It to was a Bioterrorist-caused outbreak, of course the BSAA would be here

I instantly facepalmed and muttered to myself "The BSAA?! Of COURSE they would be here! Damn it!" It to was a Bioterrorist-caused outbreak, of course the BSAA would be here. This didn't help things!

I listened in to what the soldiers were saying, one of them appeared to be speaking into his own communicator. He reassured his superior "B.O.W threat contained in this sector. Awaiting further orders."

It seemed he was having trouble getting through as he repeated his statement "I repeat, B.O.W threat contained in this sector. Awaiting further orders." Before he could get an answer though, they were abruptly ambushed by a stray zombie.

One of the soldiers effortlessly gunned it down however that seemed to only be the beginning as shortly after this, several more zombies came into view as well, approaching the two BSAA soldiers. I shrunk back behind the wall and muttered "Damn it really IS like Raccoon City all over again."

I could hear the groans of zombies, the screams of the two BSAA soldiers and the sound of automatic rifle fire. I had no intention of helping the soldiers. After all, I had managed to stay hidden from the BSAA for years since the incident in Africa, I wasn't about to blow all that now.

Of course, I should have chosen my words more carefully. As just as I was about to turn around and find another route, I heard the sound of even more groaning. I sighed to myself when I turned around only to be met with about TEN zombies coming up the alley behind me.

Another one was crawling through the window of a nearby house before falling face-first to the ground before slowly getting back up and joining the stumble towards me. I gritted me teeth and growled internally in frustration.

It wasn't that eleven zombies were a problem. Quite the contrary actually, it was just the fact that I would have to be careful how I dealt with them, still not wanting to draw the attention of the two BSAA soldiers who as of right now were still alive.

The first zombie lunged at me, however I simply stepped out of the way causing it to once again fall face-first to the floor. I then swiftly raised my foot and crushed the zombie's skull. I then spun around and aimed my Samurai Edge before firing shots into each of the zombie's one after the other.

Thankfully, I still had the silencer that I placed on my gun on the submarine, so I was able to effortlessly shoot each of the zombies without drawing any attention to myself. The BSAA soldiers however weren't so lucky, while I effortlessly picked off each zombie, they continued to be bombarded with hordes of zombies.

I heard one of them yell "Fall back!" They slowly began stepping backwards before fleeing the scene, zombies closely behind. It was also at this point that I also killed the eleven that had attacked me. 

And upon turning around and seeing the soldiers no longer present, I smirked. I raised my Hookshot and instantly continued deeper into the city. I may have avoided a run-in with the BSAA here. But I would have to face them sooner or later.

Before that though and before I could meet with that clone, each step I took was actually bringing me closer to someone else. Not that I would know it then but it would be someone I had a very strong connection with...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, it was meant to be uploaded yesterday however I had a terrible writer's block. I'm sorry if it was underwhelming as well, I found it very difficult to write. Hopefully the next chapter will be better. I still do hope you enjoyed it though and as always, thank you for reading.