Chapter 20: Confronting Leon!

Y/N POV

I searched for the mysterious Umbrella soldier that attacked me, however I couldn't find him, it was as if he vanished into thin air. I eventually decided to resume my search for the G-Virus sample however I couldn't find that in the East wing at all, it was likely in the West instead.

By this point, someone must have initiated the Self Destruct because the entire laboratory had begun shaking violently. I realized that I would have to hurry before the entire place came down on our heads.

As I exited the East wing of the NEST however, I was surprised to see Ada already stood near the elevator, she approached a console and pulled out an EMF Visualizer, she scanned the console and the 'Access Granted' text appeared. I went and stood next to her saying "Impressive piece of hardware you've got there."

Image of the EMF Visualizer:

Ada put the Visualizer away, turned to me and said "Thanks, I've secured the elevator, do you have the sample?" I shook my head and said "I think it was in the other wing, I'm sure Leon will find it

Ada put the Visualizer away, turned to me and said "Thanks, I've secured the elevator, do you have the sample?" I shook my head and said "I think it was in the other wing, I'm sure Leon will find it." Ada sighed and said "I hope you're right."

Sure enough, I looked over at the West wing and saw none other than Leon approaching us. I muttered "Speak of the Devil." We both stepped closer to Leon as he approached saying "I was just thinking about you two."

Ada responded "That makes two of us. We were getting worried." Leon continued to step forward saying "You know, us three make a good team. But I've got to ask you both something." Ada just said "The way's clear. Please tell me you got it."

Leon calmly said "Oh I got it." Even though his voice was calm, I could tell something was up. Both me and Ada stepped onto the walkway as Ada extended her hand out and said "Let me verify the G sample and we'll get the hell out of here."

That's when Leon suddenly said "Before we do that, I ran into Annette. She claims you're not F.B.I." He turned to me and said "She also said you weren't S.T.A.R.S." I growled to myself before saying "And you trust her?" Even with my attempt to cover us, I knew the cat was out of the bag.

Ada saw no point in hiding it any longer as she shook her head saying "Oh Leon." We both pulled out our handguns and aimed them directly at him as she continued "Why couldn't you just hand over the sample?"

Leon pulled his own handgun out and shifted his aim between the two of us as he answered "Because, I realized, as much as I wanted to trust you both, I didn't." I said "I really hoped it wouldn't end up like this. Ada added "Same here."

Shaking his head, Leon said with clear spite in his voice "So that's all this was. I was just some pawn to you two? You were working together this whole time?" Ada responded "Look, we're just doing our job." Leon snapped "And I'm doing mine so drop those damn guns! I'm taking you both in!" Ada leaned forward and said sternly "Hand over the Sample Leon, I don't want to hurt you."

I kept my gun aimed at Leon as I said "She's right. You're a good guy Leon. Don't throw your life away over something like this. Just give us the G Sample and we can get out of here." The ground continued to shake as the walkway behind Leon broke away. We staggered but regained our footing.

Suddenly Leon lowered his gun and said "Then you shoot me. But I don't think either of you can." We kept our guns aimed at him however none of us pulled the trigger, I could tell Ada was having the same problem as me. During my time here, I had grown to like Leon quite a bit. He was right.

We both lowered our guns and just stared at him. A gunshot sounded as I turned to see Ada with a bullet wound in her shoulder. Looking behind Leon, I saw Annette standing in the doorway to the West wing holding a handgun.

I snapped "You BITCH!" I raised my arm and shot Annette in the stomach causing her to fall to the ground. Her last words before she died were "No one gets that sample, now..."

There was another tremor which caused Ada to fall off the edge. I leapt to the ground and grabbed her arm yelling "Ada!" Leon quickly rushed over and as he did so, I noticed a vial slip from his pocket and fall into the abyss. That must have been the G-Virus sample.

Image of the G-Virus Sample:

I turned to Leon and ordered "Get out of here Leon! While there's still time

I turned to Leon and ordered "Get out of here Leon! While there's still time." I turned my focus back to Ada as she looked back up at me. She muttered out "Take care of yourself Y/N." I could tell she was about to let go however that's when IT happened. 

The piece of the walkway we were on broke away, sending both me and Ada falling into the darkness below...

Author's Note: That's it for this chapter, I really hope you liked it. The reason I wanted to upload two chapters today instead of one is because tomorrows will actually be the final chapter of this Raccoon City segment and it might be a long one since it will document Y/N and Ada's escape from Raccoon City, based off of Ada's mission in Umbrella Chronicles. Anyway, I really hope you enjoyed the chapter and as always, thank you for reading.