Chapter 12: Stalling a Tyrant

Y/N POV

Me and Leon continued to make our way through the Police Station. We encountered more Zombies and Lickers which between the two of us, we dealt with easily. Eventually Leon stated "Hey Y/N, can I ask you a question?"

I turned to him before saying "Go ahead." Leon began asking "Why aren't you in uniform? And where are the other S.T.A.R.S members?" I quickly spun around and made an excuse "I was attacked by zombies in my apartment, I had just the right amount of time to quickly get dressed into the first pair of clothes I saw and arm myself. As for the other S.T.A.R.S members, I don't know where they are." Leon just nodded and we continued.

Eventually we arrived at none other than the S.T.A.R.S office. I opened the door and both of us went inside. I turned to Leon and said "Look around, I think there'll be something of interest around here somewhere." Leon just said "Right." Before going through the desks and picking up anything that might help.

While he was doing that, I went into the door on the left that lead to the office that once belonged to my brother several months ago. I was going through the draws of the desk when I found something that made my eyes widen.

In one of the draws was a photo of Rebecca Chambers wearing a basketball outfit. On the back was a simple phrase 'Rising Rookie'. I tried to hold in a laugh but it came out as a snicker. I decided to simply leave the photo in the desk. Seeing that photo did make me wonder how Rebecca was doing. I could only hope she escaped the mansion.

Image if the 'Rising Rookie' photo:

I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard Leon call me "Hey Y/N take a look at this

I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard Leon call me "Hey Y/N take a look at this." I exited the office and went to see Leon in front of the armoury door. He pointed to the Lightning Hawk magnum on the wall and asked "So, any idea how I can get to that?"

I nodded and said "Sure, one moment." I pulled out my S.T.A.R.S badge and pushed a hidden button on it. A small computer drive appeared at the bottom and I plugged it into the computer for the door. I typed on the keyboard before the door just swung open and I said "Voila."

Stepping forward, I picked the Lightning Hawk up off the wall and threw it to Leon saying "Consider it a gift, here!" He caught it and put it in a second holster next to his handgun. There was also some ammo and Flash Grenades which I took.

Image of Lightning Hawk:

With that sorted, there was nothing left in the S

With that sorted, there was nothing left in the S.T.A.R.S office that was of use to us so we began making out way out back into the dark and abandoned hallway. However this time when we entered, we heard the sound of loud footsteps approaching.

Leon muttered "What the hell is that?" I turned to him and asked "What's wrong?" He just pointed down the hallway and said "That sound." Leon shined his flashlight down the hallway and that's when we saw IT walking around the corner towards us.

It had to have been at LEAST 7-8ft tall, it had a very muscular build with grey wrinkled skin, it wore a trench coat and fedora and stared at us with dead emotionless eyes. I could only assume it was another Tyrant, a more advanced model than the one from the mansion two months ago.

Image of the T-103 Tyrant (Apparently it's actually called T-00):

(Quick question, where did the name Mr X come from? To my knowledge he is never called that in the game

(Quick question, where did the name Mr X come from? To my knowledge he is never called that in the game. Did I miss something? Or is there a joke that I don't understand?)

I turned to Leon and asked "Oh god?" Leon nodded and said "What the hell is that thing?!" I just smirked and said "Go, I'll stall him here and catch up with you later."

Leon looked at me confused and said "Are you crazy? Look at the size of that thing." I grinned and said "I've got a little trick up my sleeve, trust me." Leon went to counter "But-" I cut him off saying "No time to argue, just go!"

He nodded and ran off down the hallway, I just stared at the Tyrant and said "It's down to you and me big guy." I cracked my knuckles as he continued walking towards me.

I suddenly dashed forward and kneed the Tyrant directly in the face. I then palm-thrusted him in the chest and caused him to stagger backwards. I finished up with an uppercut that made his fedora fly away, revealing his bald head.

(Keep in mind, Jake was able to fight that creature hand to hand in Resident Evil 6 and Y/N has enhanced strength and speed at this point so it's safe to assume he'd be able to fight the Tyrant.)

The Tyrant let out a strange growl before swinging its arm and successfully causing me to crash through the wall of the S.T.A.R.S office. I quickly bolted upright and fired several handgun rounds however they just bounced off his chest, just like Leon said they would.

I got back to my feet and punched the Tyrant again, I knew I couldn't kill it but I could definitely stall it. The Tyrant returned one of his own but I dodged. Suddenly though he hit me again with a swing of his arm before pinning me to the ground.

I just smirked though before pulling out a Flash Grenade and saying "Bye!" I set the Flash Grenade off and the flash temporarily blinded the Tyrant, I elbowed it in the stomach before running off down the hall.

I had no idea where Leon ended up but maybe we would meet each other again soon. Little did I know, someone else was watching my little fight with the Tyrant from the shadows...

Author's Note: That's it for this chapter, I really hope you liked it and as always, thank you for reading.