Chapter 41: Meeting with Jack Krauser, Wesker's Change of Plans

Y/N POV

"So, what's the news on our friend Leon?"

That was the question asked to us by Jack Krauser. Shortly after we arrived at the island, we met up with this supposed 'third' member of our operation. According to Albert, he was deployed a while before myself and Ada in order to gain Saddler's trust and infiltrate Los Illuminados. To do this, he was the one who kidnapped the President's daughter.

Krauser was a very brutish looking man, battle scars were present on his face, his blue eyes held a cruel, emotionless look in them and his tone was gruff and often aggressive. He wore a black shirt similar to Leon, military pants and a red beret. He also carried a knife which he was currently tossing up and down.

Image of Jack Krauser:

Now that I had actually met Krauser in person, I realized that I actually had heard about him before

Now that I had actually met Krauser in person, I realized that I actually had heard about him before. About two years ago Albert showed me a file. It talked about a mission from the U.S Government to arrest a notorious drug lord named Javier Hidalgo.

Jack Krauser was one of the two agents that were mainly involved in the mission. The other funnily enough was actually LEON! I don't know the specifics of the mission but it eventually lead to Krauser being discharged from the military and that lead to him seeking out Albert. Which of course lead directly to where we are now.

Ada answered the earlier question by saying "He's not making things easy." I added a question of my own "What about the Sample?" Krauser stopped throwing his knife and analysed it instead before responding "Saddler has it. Seems he sniffed out our little game.

Stepping forward, Ada sarcastically muttered "Perfect." This caused Krauser to shoot her a glare before raising his knife and saying "Just so we understand each other clearly. I don't trust you, nor does Wesker. If you try to do anything clever, I WILL kill you."

I rolled my eyes at Krauser's bloated ego and spoke up saying "You forget your place Krauser, Albert trusts my council and guidance above all else. I personally vouch for Ada from past experience however I know little about you. If anything, it's you we should be worrying about. Not to mention, you said it yourself, Saddler has sniffed out our operation, who do you think is responsible for that?"

Krauser just growled and glared at me, I knew he didn't like me but any attempt to go against me would mean death by either mine or my brother's hand. Believe it or not, I was running this little field operation, I just chose to share the spotlight with Ada due to our little partnership.

Speaking of Ada, she commented on Krauser's statement and said "You know, I met Wesker long before you." Krauser caught his knife and said "We'll see soon enough if you did." Ada didn't even give him a second glance as she carelessly said "Yeah, we'll see."

I followed close behind, as Krauser let out a grunt as he watched us leave. You may remember me saying that I always looked out for my partners. Well Krauser was no exception, I wasn't going to go out of my way to kill him unless he forced my hand. Though this didn't mean I liked him. His arrogance and bloated self-importance were really beginning to annoy me.

Me and Ada walked out of the building and onto a metal walkway as Ada's communicator went off. As we answered it, we saw Albert once again sitting in his chair as he spoke in his typical monotone, uninterested voice.

"Quite a jolly mess he's made that Leon, but all for the better. Saddler's people have fallen into a panic. Their destruction is only a matter of time now." Ada assured him "Once he gets Ashley back his job will be finished, he'll no longer be a factor."

Albert then abruptly said "No, I'm leaving Leon to Krauser." This caused us both to stop instantly as Albert continued "Hurry up and retrieve the sample." With that he hung up, leaving us both frozen for a moment.

As she put the communicator away though Ada muttered to herself "Maybe you've forgot Wesker. I don't always play by your rules." With that she instantly broke into a run, used her Hookshot to leap out onto another platform and ran out of view.

I however remained frozen for a good few seconds. I honestly had no idea what to do in this situation. True I liked Leon, he was a nice guy. But at the same time, was it worth going against Albert?

Eventually I came to a decision and leapt after Ada, using my Hookshot to keep up with her. I just hope this would be worth it in the long run...

Albert Wesker POV

I simply sat back once again in the chair, staring at the screens in front of me. A smirk appeared across my face as I thought about the little test I had set up for Y/N to test his loyalty to our operation.

I suspected that his encounter with Leon six years ago had left a mark on Y/N's mind. A mark which made him less obedient than he had been before, like in the Spencer Mansion. I knew that if Y/N went to intervene in Krauser's assignment, then he wouldn't be one hundred percent devoted to my goal.

If this was the case, then I would have to make sure he stayed in line...

Author's Note: That's it for this chapter, I really do hope you liked it, the next two chapters will hopefully be uploaded tomorrow and as always, thank you all for reading.