Chapter 38: Luis's Demise, Enter Osmund Saddler!

Leon POV

What exactly was Y/N's game? I remember back in Raccoon City, he pretended to be a S.T.A.R.S member and at first I actually thought he was my friend. However then when it came down to it, it turned out both him and Ada just wanted that G-Virus sample and simply didn't care who they manipulated to get it.

Unlike Ada though, I knew that Y/N was the brother of THE Albert Wesker, both Claire and her brother Chris told me about his encounters with them at the Spencer Mansion and at Rockfort Island, from what I gathered, Y/N was extremely loyal to his brother without question.

I still remember having to tell Sherry that her mother had been killed, I still don't know why I never told her Y/N's name. I knew that if she was to find out, she might pursue him for revenge and that wouldn't end well.

Then again, when I confronted Y/N about this, I noticed that he tensed up and his voice held sadness. Did he possibly feel guilty for what happened? I knew from Chris' description that Albert Wesker was cold and merciless, therefore wouldn't feel any remorse.

But even Chris would acknowledge, Y/N had remained somewhat of a mystery. Apparently, he had urged his brother to spare Claire's life during their confrontation in the Antarctic, something which hadn't gone unnoticed by both Chris and Claire.

The real question from this, was what were Y/N's intentions? And just how far did his loyalty to his brother go exactly?

Y/N POV

I pulled out my communicator and looked at the castle map that Albert provided me. I could see the flashing beacon that represented where Luis was located. If Albert's intel was right, I couldn't wait to just secure that sample and get the hell away from this crazy place.

I continued sneaking through the castle, at this point I didn't even care if Leon or Salazar knew I was here. I was certain Salazar wouldn't be around much longer to tell anyone and who exactly could Leon tell?

Eventually I arrived on a balcony overlooking a large drop to the fall below, directly across from me was yet another balcony along with an awfully conveniently placed chandelier directly between the gap.

Raising my Hookshot, I allowed it to hook onto the large light as I was able to propel myself over the gap easily. Upon hitting the ground I performed a forward roll and landed back onto my feet again before just pressing on towards my objective.

I stepped into a room where I found myself confronted by another Cultist, this one wore a red robe instead of the typical black and he wore a helmet that resembled a goat's skull. He seemed to be leading a small band of the typical lesser cultists I had fought numerous times at this point.

Image of a Cultist in red:

The cultist in red pointed at me and murmured something in Spanish which caused the others to all instantly advance towards me, brandishing their typical maces, shields and scythes

The cultist in red pointed at me and murmured something in Spanish which caused the others to all instantly advance towards me, brandishing their typical maces, shields and scythes. I however just smirked and reached for my TMP.

I instantly started by firing at the ones with the shields. Just like before, the TMP's fire was able to shred the wood almost instantly and after that it was an easy matter of eradicating each of them one after the other.

The one in red attempted to run away however after I had dealt with the others, I turned to him, smirked and asked "Where do you think you're going?" I then pulled out the rifle I found in the village and shot him directly in the head.

With that little distraction out of the way, I soon found myself in a square room which had one path going around the outside of it and then a hole to the floor below in the centre. I was about to have a look around however I quickly hid out of sight when I heard one of the other doors open.

I hid behind a pillar and I was surprised to see Ada also here, hiding behind another one. We made gestures to one another to remain hidden and see who this newcomer was. We peered round our respective pillars and saw Leon enter the room.

I muttered "Well this should be interesting." I thought he was going to notice us however luckily, the door opened behind him and Luis emerged from it, holding what looked like a bottle of pills and a strange vial which I'm guessing was the Plaga Sample.

Luis called out "Leon!" He turned around as Luis held up the pills and the sample saying "I got it." My eyes narrowed a bit, was Luis planning on betraying us? Handing the sample over to Leon instead?

I didn't get an answer as Luis suddenly froze before a giant scorpion-like tail shot out through his chest, impaling him and lifting him into the air. Leon yelled "Luis!" Of course he pronounced it 'Lewis'.

Luis let out a cry as he dropped the sample and was flung to the ground. My eyes followed the tail as it retreated back into a blue robed individual. The mysterious man held a staff that looked similar to the Las Plagas parasite itself.

The man held the sample before looking at Luis and saying "Now that I have the sample, you serve me no purpose." Leon yelled "Saddler!" My eyes widened, this was SADDLER?! The leader of the Los Illuminados cult?!

Image of Osmund Sadder:

Saddler just grinned at Leon before saying "My boy Salazar, will make sure you follow the same fate

Saddler just grinned at Leon before saying "My boy Salazar, will make sure you follow the same fate." With that, he walked away as Leon ran over to Luis' body who I could hear weakly saying "I am a researcher, hired by Saddler. He found out what I was up to."

Leon said "Don't talk." As Luis handed him the bottle of pills and explained "It should supress the growth of the parasite. The sample, Saddler took it, you have to get it back." Leon yelled "Luis?! LUIS!!"

I pulled out my communicator and instantly got in touch with Albert. As soon as he appeared on-screen, I explained "Me and Ada have found Luis, but unfortunately Saddler got to him first." Albert just asked "Did you succeed in recovering the sample?"

Ada slowly snuck over to me and explained "No, Saddler has it." Albert sat back and said "Hmm, there will be another time. Have you had a chance to eliminate Leon?" Ada replied "Not yet." I also said "Same here."

Albert seemed to think for a moment before saying "If that's the case, maybe we can capitalise on his little lucky streak. Take advantage of the little distraction he's causing for Saddler and his followers to retrieve the sample."

With that we hung up and turned to face one another. I growled a bit and said "Well this makes things all the more complicated." Ada nodded and said "Agreed. We have to find Saddler quickly." I smirked and said "I know just the person to tell us..."

Author's Note And that's it for this chapter. I actually felt this one went really well so I hope you like it, we're drawing close to the 'Military Island' portion of this segment since we only have one or two more chapters in the castle and that one will have two interesting fight scenes in it. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.