Chapter 58: The Desperate Escape, The End of a Rivalry

Y/N POV

The elevator door opened and we both stepped outside. The sun was beginning to set and normally this would have made for a rather enjoyable view. But now wasn't the time for that, instead I just followed Albert down a long flight of stairs.

We descended the stairs and made our way along a river until we reached a large industrial installation. Albert then pointed to a large oil tanker before saying "That's where we're heading." I just nodded in understanding.

Eventually we found Excella again and Albert asked "Is everything in place?" She nodded and said "Yes, we're ready to depart." With that, she picked up the briefcase containing the PG67A/W serum before they walked off.

I followed behind them until they were just about to board the tanker. Albert turned to me and firmly instructed "Y/N, I want you to stay here. Make sure everything remains in operation and also ensure that any of our BSAA friends don't make it out of here alive. Understood?"

I just responded by saying "It will be done." Without another word, I turned around and walked back into the installation. I don't know why they insisted that I stay behind though all it managed to do was further my suspicions that something more was going on here that I was unaware of.

Timeskip...

I continued to wait at the installation, I occasionally got bored and watched as Majini performed a series of trivial tasks that quickly lost my interest. However I was suddenly snapped upwards when I heard gunfire and Majini screaming sounding throughout the facility.

Without a moment's hesitation, I leapt upright and approached a nearby window to get a view of what was going on and I will admit, I was surprised to see Jill seemingly back to her old self, shooting her way through Majini.

I raised my Hookshot, aiming it towards and extended metal girder before firing and latching onto it. I then leapt off the ledge to the room I was in and swung down so I eventually landed directly in front of her.

Jill instantly raised her submachine gun as I slowly got to my feet. Next to her, surprisingly enough, was that Josh Stone man I met when I was 'babysitting' Irving. He raised his handgun at me, though I didn't react.

Instead, I just spoke in a calm tone "Jill, as much as it pains me to say this, I'm sorry for what Albert did to you. I assure you I had no idea what he was doing." Jill however kept her weapon aimed at me saying "You LIE! I know you Y/N, you would jump at the opportunity to torture me."

I sighed and said "Normally, I would have delighted in inflicting pain on you for what you did. But I would never resort to flat-out brainwashing and forcing you to do my bidding, even for me that's cruel."

Jill suddenly cut me off by opening fire. However I dodged it with ease saying "I had hoped we could avoid bloodshed this once. But I suppose old habits never die do they?" In an instant, I dashed towards Jill and elbowed her in the chin, causing her to fall backwards.

I turned to Josh, grabbing both his hands holding the gun and throwing him over my head, causing him to crash into the ground as well. I performed several backflips to gain some distance before pulling out my Killer7 magnum.

Jill narrowly ducked as I aimed it at her before opening fire. I sent two shots at her before giving it a twirl in my hand and putting it back in the holster. Suddenly, I was tackled by Josh who tried wrestling me to the ground.

I easily kicked him in the side though and knocked him off me. I turned my attention back to Jill who shot at me with short bursts from the submachine gun she was holding. Though I proceeded to effortlessly dodge each burst without much effort.

After a while of just skirmishing like this, we found ourselves facing one another yet again, both Jill and Josh had their respective weapons aimed at me though I just stood my ground, glancing between the two of them.

I once again, tried talking Jill down in a calm manner. "Jill, I'll be honest, over the years, there has been nothing I wanted more than to kill you. After all, it was you who made me like THIS in the first place."

Jill looked confused and asked "Like what?" I pointed to myself and said "THIS, a monster. As much as I love this newfound power. It comes at a price, every now and then I must inject myself with a serum." Jill nodded and said "I know, I remember being your puppet."

I interrupted "I had no idea what happened to you! After the incident at the Spencer Estate, I believed you were dead! Albert never informed me that he was using you as a puppet! I would have never approved of those methods, even on you!"

Josh slowly lowered his gun saying "I think he's telling the truth." Jill however wasn't convinced and kept her weapon trained on me. I said "I do not wish to kill you anymore Jill, you've suffered enough. Though I cannot let you get in the way of my brother's goals."

Jill stepped forward "If Uroboros is released, then millions of people will die!" I just raised an eyebrow at her as she said "Let me guess, Albert didn't tell you what happens to those who are unworthy of it?"

I just stared at her in confusion before saying "Why should I believe you? Albert would never go for full-on global genocide!" Jill just retorted "Really? Do you think he'd stop at nothing to achieve the power he desires?"

Now I was completely frozen at what was being said. My mind was working at a pace I didn't think possible just to comprehend what Jill was saying. A part of me didn't want to believe her, yet everything made sense!

I sighed before holstering my weapon and saying "Fine. Go about your business, I don't care anymore." Now Jill and Josh both looked at me with confused expressions as I raised my Hookshot and said "This is the only time I will be letting you go. The next time we meet, it will be the same as always."

I grappled up to a nearby helipad where there was a lone helicopter. I heard Jill call after me "Y/N!" However I ignored her and got into the helicopter. I put on the helmet and instantly began messing with the controls.

Soon the propeller started spinning and I took off. I followed the river and began following the Tanker. It was finally time to get some answers...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I really hope you enjoyed it and as always, thank you for reading.