Chapter 30: Finding the Contact

Y/N POV

After successfully ringing the church bell, me and Ada had a brief window where most of the villagers would be preoccupied, this gave us an opportunity to go about our business with only minor distractions.

We eventually made our way to a large house, located a short walk from the village itself, here we found a library-like room which housed several books, be began scouring through them looking for any information on the Las Plagas Parasite, that may aid our investigation.

Which of course leads us to right now.

As we were reading through the books, Ada's communicator started beeping. She pulled it out as I stepped closer. As I thought, Albert was sat on the other end, the first thing he said was "It didn't take you two long to find one another did it?"

I responded bluntly "Indeed, but why have you contacted us? Is there something we should know?" Albert began explaining "We have an irregularity. The researcher we planted has been discovered by the Illuminados."

Ada responded "You must be talking about that vagrant Spaniard. Where is he now?" I of course knew who they were talking about. A man named Luis Sera, he was serving as a contact for us and sort of a mole, suffice it to say, whether I trusted him or not, he was likely our best bet at securing the Plaga sample.

Albert answered Ada's question "He's being held captive in an abandoned house just north east of the village. Until he recovers the sample, we can't let him die." I replied "You don't need to remind us." With that we hung up.

As Ada put her communicator away, she muttered "Luis Sera. And I thought I was high maintenance." I nodded before saying "On the more positive side, I've done some research into him and brought some incentive for him to cooperate."

I reached in my pocket and pulled out a lighter and some cigarettes. Ada commented "I didn't take you for a smoker Y/N." I turned to her and said "I'm not, but I did a background check on our friend Mr Sera, this should get us in his good graces."

With that, me and Ada both left the house. Albert had marked the coordinates of the abandoned house. It was on the opposite side of the village to where we were initially located. We continued making our way back out the house.

As we made our way back towards the village however, we found that our little diversion had worn off and the villagers were once again roaming as they had done before. This would require us to be particularly stealthy.

We stalked around the side of one of the external houses, managing to keep out of sight of the villagers. We went past that stone structure we went through before that lead to the cathedral however this time, we instead went round until we arrived at a large metal gate on the other side of the village.

Going through this, we were instantly confronted by more Ganados however unlike before, it was much harder to avoid them, luckily we saw what seemed like a small wooden shack off to the side.

Me and Ada both snuck inside it and here I found something of value. Propped up against a table with a typewriter on it was a bolt-action rifle with a scope. Naturally, I picked it up seeing some potential use for it later down the line.

Image of the Rifle:

With the rifle in hand, we didn't leave the hut just yet, instead, I simply raised my rifle and aimed it towards one of the nearby Ganados

With the rifle in hand, we didn't leave the hut just yet, instead, I simply raised my rifle and aimed it towards one of the nearby Ganados. As I pulled the trigger, the Ganado's head exploded, causing it to collapse to the ground, dead.

I shifted the rifle and swiftly followed up by headshotting another Ganado, killing it instantly as well. I repeated this on about three more Ganados before finally turning to Ada and saying "The coast should be clear now.

She nodded as we exited the hut and made our way into a decapitated house directly opposite to us. Here we both peered through the many holes in the door at another seemingly run-down house that was again, opposite to where we were.

I turned to Ada and asked "Is that the place?" Ada nodded and replied "I'm sure of it." We turned back to the house opposite before the door suddenly opened, I raised my rifle and aimed it at the door.

First a Ganado emerged that was carrying a man I didn't recognize over his shoulder. Even though I didn't know him personally, I had a hunch that it was Luis Sera, the man I had been searching for.

I readied my rifle, preparing to take the Ganado out right there and then as I said "I have a shot." However Ada called it off and said "Wait a minute." I did so however I regretted it instantly because what happened next caused me to pause.

Another Ganado emerged shortly after the first one however this one was carrying an unconscious LEON! I will admit, I was surprised that he had somehow been captured so soon. In a moment of shock, I froze and ended up lowering my rifle, missing my opportunity to shoot. Ada simply gasped faintly at the revelation.

Once I'd composed myself, Leon and Luis were both out of sight. I just sighed to myself. After a moment, Ada turned to me and said "I think it's best if we split up. We're more likely to find where they're going."

I just nodded and said "Fine with me. Take care of yourself Ada." She replied "Same to you Y/N." With that, we parted ways, little did we know we would meet again shortly after.

One thing was certain, if Leon continued to pop up, our task would prove harder than I had first thought...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I will admit, the later part of the chapter became harder to write so I apologise if you don't like it. Though I hope you do, this segment is proving fun for me to write and it will hopefully only get better. As always though, thank you for reading.