good news?

tw:abuse
22.08.19

"ANNA OPEN THIS DOOR BEFORE I KNOCK IT DOWN"
"Its four in the morning Red"
"Which leads me to the question, where were you that you just happened to come home now" Anna sighed and opened the door. She was dressed in black nike leggings and an oversized black sweatshirt, which covered a sports bra. It wasn't until Natasha caught a look at her red puffy eyes that her face softened. "Where were you Anna?"
"I went for a run"
"at 4am?"
"at 11pm to 2am"
"Well, where were the extra two hours" Anna took a deep sigh before looking at the floor.
"I climbed up a fire escape onto a random roof and sat there, obviously crying because I can see you staring at my fucking eyes Red."
"Just shoot me a text, get some sleep okay, we'll talk about the smoking in the morning"
"Okay Red, I'll see you tomorrow" Anna said finally looking her in the eyes again. Natasha offered the girl a soft smile before returning to her own room. Anna slipped on an oversize sweatshirt and joggers before laying in her bed. She didn't go back to sleep, simply lying and staring at the ceiling until training the next morning.

"OKAY FRIDAY I GET ITS 6AM TURN THE FUCKING ALARM OFF BEFORE I HACK YOU AND KILL YOU" Anna yelled at the alarm currently ringing through the ai. After it had finally shut off, she rolled out of bed and slipped on her training clothes, black leggings, a black sports bra and an oversized t-shirt. Finally, she slipped on a jumper and a pair of trainers. She had got ready as quickly as possible, hoping to talk to Natasha before training begun. Luckily, it was currently 6:30 and training wouldn't start till 8:00, but she has planned to meet Natasha early. She walked to Natashas door in silence before knocking quietly.

"Who is knocking on my door at 6:30 in the fucking morning?" Natasha queried approaching the door. As she opened it, she saw a tired looking Anna staring at her feet. "You here to talk about the smoking?"
"Yeah, I guess I am"
"Come in" Anna followed Natasha and sat as far away as possible on her large bed "Smoking Anna, really?"
"You've never smoked a cigarette?" she asked, looking Natasha in the eyes, she saw that her pupils flashed down quickly and knew that she had, causing her to raise her eyebrows accusingly.
"Okay, occasionally, but I am an adult"
"Listen Red, I just...it's calming I mean..." Natasha let out a heavy sigh, although she was Annas legal guardian, that didn't mean she felt as though she could act as a mother to the brunette

"How often?" it is safe to say this isn't what Anna expected Nat to say next, but she wasn't going to let her know that
"Couple of times a month, only when I'm really sad"
"How many?"
"I don't know, like a couple, I just kind of take them off people I meet in the park late at night" Natasha chuckled slightly, despite knowing Anna was being completely serious
"That...doesn't seem very safe"
"No, I don't think it is"
"Okay well, I can't tell you to stop smoking but I'd rather you did, and I'd rather you didn't get them off strangers"
"Noted"
"Let's get to training I have some...good news? sure I'm gonna go with good news later" And with that Natasha and Anna went to the training room. They were both always first or second there, so figured they had 10 minutes to wait before Steve and Sam showed up and atleast 50 for everyone else.

"Wanna try some sparring again?" Natasha asked.  Anna was still adapting to the concept of sparring people without having to snap their necks.
"I really don't feel like killing you Red"
"We've done this a couple of times, just try to go easy on me Anna"
"Noted." and with that, Natasha and Anna set about sparring one another.

It went well, and they were able to spar successfully (no death or major injuries) until Sam and Steve both entered. Anna was the first to notice the pair enter, and turned to give them a wave. As she did, Natasha threw another punch which Anna caught with ease before turning to Natasha "Sam and Steve are here Red" Natasha looked up from Anna to see an in shock Sam and Steve stood by the door
"So they are... Morning Sam, Morning Steve" she said to the men as Anna released her fist.
"Morning guys" Anna said to the men who entered, subconsciously stepping closer to Natasha. Anna was the only one who hadn't noticed she did this amongst the male members of the compound but everyone else had. It wasn't that she didn't like them, just that she was more nervous and Natasha provided her some comfort.