rooftops

09.9.19

Dressed in a black cropped t-shirt and...was Anastasia Nikovov wearing a skirt? a black pleated skirt apparently, Anna quickly put on some boots and her oversized leather jacket before knocking on Wandas door. It was 10:15, she knew it would take longer to get there having to show Wanda the way.

knock knock

"One second Anna" Wanda shouted before pulling the door open. Anna caught a glimpse if the girls messing room before Wanda blocked her view "Stop looking okay...I know its messy" then Wanda glimpsed at the girls attire "Are you wearing a skirt?"
"Yes... so are you" in the entire year Anna had lived at the compound, she was yet to wear the black pleated skirt Natasha had made her purchase. At each of Tonys parties, the girl had always worn the same black body-con dress. Wanda however frequently wore skirts, today she was wearing an oversized purple hoodie and a pleated tartan skirt.
"Okay...but you never wear skirts"
"Shut up Wands... come on we got to go, you got anything on wheels?"
"I got a bike"
"Perfect, now come on out your window" Wanda looked slightly confused, before shrugging and letting Anna into her room.

Anna and Wanda's room were next to each other at the end of a corridor. The only other people on their floor were Natashas and Steves room, across the hall, and a dance studio, at the end of the corridor. Anna had noticed that Wandas window would lead to the same place she climbed down, and Wanda being in her room made her slightly uncomfortable. She walked into the room and stepped over various items of clothing before making it to the window. Wanda was following closely behind, before stopping next to Anna at the window.

"So we're just going to what? Climb out?"
"Yep"
"Oh...oh my god your being serious" at this point Anna had already opened the window, and was halfway through
"Deadly serious" She was sitting facing out the window and was prepared to jump out "Don't worry, I do this all the time" and with that she had jumped to the floor a few feet underneath, landing rather elegantly with a forward roll. Wanda, not feeling like dying used her powers to slowly levitate down as Anna climbed quickly down the ladder.

They met at the floor at the same time and went to pick up their bikes. "Follow me, okay? Nat would kill me if I lost you"
"Sometimes I really don't feel like the older one of the pair of us"
"You ever feel like the older one of the pair of us?"
"No, actually, not particularly"
"Okay cool, keep on my tail until we reach the subway"
"You can take bikes on the subway?" They had now begun their cycle to the train station
"You've never been on the subway?"
"What excuse would I possibly have to take a train, Natasha loves driving almost as much as punching"
"God Wanda, and to think, you've lived here a year longer than me"
"Yeah, yeah, how long is this cycle"
"Like 5 more minutes, then a 15 minute subway ride, don't worry, I can shout at any creeps that stare"
"Creeps are gonna stare?"
"I mean...we're two teenagers riding the subway alone at 25 past 10"
"Okay...cool, cool"

They had arrived at the train station and were rolling there bikes inside. It was pretty empty, given that it was a train station not to central to the city
"I'm gonna buy you a ticket, just stand there and try not to look ANYONE in the eye" Wanda's eyes widened as she stood very close to Anna, who was buying their tickets.

"Come on Wands, trains in a few" Anna started rolling her bike, when Wanda began to follow her. They quickly boarded a subway carriage, which currently only had a few other people. Anna made sure to scan everyone over, ensuring they wouldn't be overly threatening and\or gross to Wanda. She explained to Wanda how they had to stand so they could have a quick getaway, to which she got a confused look in return, followed by a shrug. It also made it easier to watch their bikes. Both bikes were, for the most part black.

"Oh my god Wanda, could you stand any less still"
"The train is moving Anna, what do you expect" Wanda jostled from side to side each time the train turned or stopped, whereas Anna was able to keep her feet planted firmly on the ground.
"Hold onto the bar, I'll take a hold of your bike, Red will sue me for any damages" it was true that Natasha Romanoff was incredibly protective over both young girls, despite them being totally inept to take care of themselves.
"She'll do more than sue you"
"That is true, come on, this is our stop" Anna pulled both girls bikes out of the train, before handing Wandas back to her once they were once again outside.